Software Restart

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MarkB, Apr 23, 2007.

1. MarkB

Hi

Is it possible to restart the 3CX PBX software without restarting the computer ?

Because if you make a lot of changes on extensions and other things you have to restart the software to get working all the changes properly.

The software runs on our server and it's quit difficult to restart the server on normal working hours.

Regards, Mark

2. Borsoock

Borsoock New Member

Did you try to restart services?

3. NigelG

Hi,

Assuming windows server 2000 /2003

on the server machine go to Control Panel, then open "administrative tools", then "services". You will find the 3CX sevices there. Right click and select "restart"

Regards
    NigelG

4. John2007

It's better to have a restart function in Web interface. It is more convient than through service managment interface, and it can be done remotely.

5. MarkB

Yes, I agree.

BTW: It doesn't need to restart really all the services because they work correct (apache, postgreesql etc.).
    But the restart function should make a new initialization of the extensions and to the voip providers and so on.
    Because as I wrote in my entering post sometimes if you make a lot of changes the software is sometimes a little bit confused. But after restarting everthing it is working well.