• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Software Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB

Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to restart the 3CX PBX software without restarting the computer ?

Because if you make a lot of changes on extensions and other things you have to restart the software to get working all the changes properly.

The software runs on our server and it's quit difficult to restart the server on normal working hours.

Regards, Mark

Did you try to restart services?

Hi,

Assuming windows server 2000 /2003

on the server machine go to Control Panel, then open "administrative tools", then "services". You will find the 3CX sevices there. Right click and select "restart"

Regards
NigelG

It's better to have a restart function in Web interface. It is more convient than through service managment interface, and it can be done remotely.

John2007 said:
It's better to have a restart function in Web interface. It is more convient than through service managment interface, and it can be done remotely.

Yes, I agree.

BTW: It doesn't need to restart really all the services because they work correct (apache, postgreesql etc.).
But the restart function should make a new initialization of the extensions and to the voip providers and so on.
Because as I wrote in my entering post sometimes if you make a lot of changes the software is sometimes a little bit confused. But after restarting everthing it is working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.