Solution feasibility

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by j.pilecki, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j.pilecki

Jul 7, 2011
    I’m not certain I’m in the right place for that, but I would like to check if solution we are thinking about is actually possible to implement on 3CX.

We are providing extended support to multiple clients, which would significantly easier after introduction of “client codes” inserted after call is made. We want to configure 3CX to generate following sequence:

1) Incoming external call
    2) 3CX “Digital receptionist” plays message
    3) Caller enters 4-digits long client code
    4) Custom functionality is executed – call to external Db/process – returns decisions
    5) Depending on result:
    5a) Second stage “Digital receptionist” (also with multiple choices)
    5b) Redirection to support 1-st group
    5c) Redirection to support 2-nd group

(Schemat of that can be found in attachment picture below.)

Problem in this approach lies in points “3” and “4” – it is easy to make simple digital receptionist, but we would like to use longer client code in form of string. Moreover, we would like to move decision functionality outside of ‘3CS’ – to already present system.

My questions:

1. It is possible in 3CX?
    2. How to do it? (I’m not asking about minute details here - I’m hoping You will be able to point me in right direction)

Jakub Pilecki

Attached Files:

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Jun 19, 2009
    You cannot do that in the core 3CX system but you can do it using the Voice Application Designer.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.