• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved: 3CX Assistant - Not all Extensions Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsnyc

Reaction score
I have the latest version of 3CX Assistant.

1 Extension I can login OK. Other extensions will not login.

All extensions have the 3CX Assistant enabled.

Any ideas?

Re: 3CX Assistant - Not all Extensions Work

Are they all on the same network? What type of computers are they on?

How are they provisioned? Manually or through the email? Can they see the IP the 3cx server is on? Also, what about firewalls?

Sorry, let me clarify. I am using the 3CX Assistant on 1 PC to connect multiple extensions.

If I change the connection from say x100 that works, to x101 or x102, it doesn't work.

I can't see that anything has been configured differently for those extensions in the 3cx manager.

Is there any logging for the 3cx assistant that can be turned on?

Are you using the latest assistant with multiple extensions?

I have 10 on mine and all work correctly.

With v9 you can also provision an extension from 3cx itself via the welcome email.

I fixed it. The problem was that in 3CX, under Extensions, under each extensions is a "voicemail section" where you enable voicemail. In there is a PIN field that says "PIN for 3CX Assistant". This is the PIN that is needed when setting up the 3CX Assistant, NOT the 3CX extension password as is used when provisioning phones.

I had to enable voicemail, set the PIN to what what I wanted, and then disable voicemail.

3CX should really move the PIN over to the 3CX Assistant Provisioning field, it doesn't make sense here.

Good idea. Make the suggestion at http://3cx.ideascale.com which is their site for feature requests.

They will probably implement it in some way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.