[SOLVED]3CX Phone not working with VPN active

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DGutschalk, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGutschalk

Hi,

I am having some issues getting my 3CX for Windows 12 Client to work.
    I have a home office desktop, if I start 3CX and let it connect to the public IP adress it will work.
    If I activate my VPN (need that for outlook) 3CX fails to start with the following error message.

The log file shows this
    Code:
    [11.02.2015 14:13:37.050][1] Error occurred when initializing Plantronics headset support
    [11.02.2015 14:13:37.051][1] System.Exception: Plantronics support was not connected
       bei _3CXWin8Phone.Headset.Plantronics.HeadsetManager..ctor(IDeviceManager deviceManager)

[11.02.2015 14:13:37.056][1] Error occurred when initializing Jabra headset support: Die Datei oder Assembly "JabraDeviceAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0ee34e64b30d2a8a" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    [11.02.2015 14:13:38.218][1] DialPad loaded
    [11.02.2015 14:13:38.353][1] Initializing notify icon
    [11.02.2015 14:13:38.447][1] Error occurred in application current domain - app domain unhandled exception
    [11.02.2015 14:13:38.449][1] System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Ein Socketvorgang konnte nicht ausgeführt werden, da dem System Pufferspeicher fehlte oder eine Warteschlange voll war
       bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.SendTo(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, EndPoint remoteEP)
       bei System.Net.Sockets.UdpClient.Send(Byte[] dgram, Int32 bytes, IPEndPoint endPoint)
       bei _3CXProvision.Provisioning.SendRequest()
       bei _3CXWin8Phone.Biz.StartAutoProvisioning()
       bei _3CXWin8Phone.MainWindow.<CheckForActiveAccounts>b__2b()
       bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       bei MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
       bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
       bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
       bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       bei MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
       bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
       bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
       bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
       bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
       bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
       bei System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
       bei System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
       bei System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
       bei _3CXWin8Phone.App.Main()
    I am happy for any advice. Thank you in advance.

2. captain415

Re: 3CX Phone not working with VPN active

That depends on how your VPN client is being setup. If its in tunnel all mode, your sys admin may restrict where your traffic can go and that may prevent your 3CX phone to talk to the 3cx server. If your company's email server is on the same subnet with the 3cx server, all you have to do is to enter the 3CX server LOCAL ip address to your 3cx phone "Out of office" field. It will attempt to connect to your server "locally" once you're on your VPN.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It's odd that it mentions a couple of headsets in the log. Are you actually using one of those brands?

If you come to dead end with everything else, perhaps try setting the audio device as the computers speakers, no headset, and see if that makes a difference. If it starts up without the error, it would sort of narrow down the cause.

4. DGutschalk

Hi,

One of my colleagues was able to solve this problem by moving the %appdata%\3CXPhone\ .xml files, starting 3CX, moving the .xml files back and starting 3CX again. I don't know how this is a workaround or solution for this error but in my case it fixed the issue.

Thank you both for replying to this thread

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There may have been some corruption on the initial install. Did you ever try removing, then re-installing?

6. DGutschalk

Of course I did that. I did not check though if all files were removed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.