Solved: Accessing another's voicemail box

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danoh, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danoh

I am using 4 digit extensions. When I dial 9999 (my voicemail extension) and press # I get prompted to enter the extension number of the voicemail box which I want to check. The problem is, that after I only enter 3 digits, the system responds immediately with "extension not found", it is not allowing me to enter in the 4th digit of the extension number.

It seems that pressing # after dialing your voicemail number (999 is default for 3Cx) is looking for a mandatory 3 digit extension instead of what the system has been configured for (in my case, 4 digit extensions)

This bug is making it rather impossible for me to implement my "general messages" mailbox so that anyone can check the messages in that mailbox.

Has anyone else noticed this bug, or am I just going insane (as usual)

Thanks much!

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: BUG: Accessing another's voicemail box

Ηι,

It seems you have installed a 3 Digit PBX, and after that you've changed it manually to a 4Digit PBX.
    There seems to be a issue that doesn't let the user add more than a 3digit ext num in this case because the entire PBX was installed as a 3Digit PBX.

What you can do is either re-install as 4Digit or restore a 4Digit Backup.
    Changing the extension number length after an installation is never recommended as it may cause issues as the one you're having.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. danoh

I wish that was the case. I know for a fact that I installed 3CX with 4 digit extensions.

The only major "change" since I installed was to update to v9 Service Pack 1. Maybe that defaulted the voicemail access back to 3 digits? I'm not sure.

Do you run 4 (or more) digit extensions and are not having this problem?

Thanks!

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

Yes i'm running a 4Digit PBX Upgraded to SP1 and i'm not having the same issue.
    Mine works fine.

If you could send me a backup of your system at lg@3cx.com to check it out that would be great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, what is the status of this issue?
    Thanks and Regards

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No backup sent to me yet.

7. kidtroopa

I have the same exact issue. I have always had a 4 digit extension setup as well. This problem started occurring ever since the last update I ran earlier this month. (Believe that was 13357)

I also updated language files and other miscellaneous updates...but I think it was the Version 8 update which I referenced in the parenthesis above that broke it.

Current running version: v8.0.10824.716 SP.1

8. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

This issue caused it due to the update package.
    There are 2 options to solve this issue.

1.There is a manual work - just follow the steps

Go to the LoginVmail.vxml file located in the IVR directory inside the http directory (c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr) contains the following:
    <field name="ext_number_field">
    <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{3-3}</grammar>

and changed this to:

<field name="ext_number_field">
    <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{4}</grammar>
    <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{4}</grammar>

2. If you Uninstall the PBX and Install again with the Service Pack update this will fix your issue.

Thanks and Regards

9. kidtroopa

MichaelB.......that worked!!!! Thanks!!! Extremely glad it was something simple.

:mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.