Solved: Call Pickup with v9?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Fatboy40, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Looking through all the documetation, the various PDF's and online resources, the only references I can see to picking up calls from another extension is by dialing *20*extensionnumber. Is it possible to do the following...

# Pickup a call from the 3CX Assistant ?.
    # Have a BLF setup on a handset, and press the button associated with it to pick it up ?.

... thanks.

p.s. as I have paid support I'm not certain if I should ask these sorts of questions here, or create an official support ticket for them ?.

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Re: Call Pickup with v9 ?

Hi, # Pickup a call from the 3CX Assistant ?.

Yes, you can if you have rights to transfer and pick up call, you just right click on the call which is ringing or a connected call and you have an option PICKUP CALL.

IF you put the extension under Management - Go to the management console > Extension > Management > Add the Extension under Management.

You can also create a Group, add some Extensions > Go to Rights

Select Extensions for Administrator Extension
    And Check for operations in on call to users of the group.

Note - This will apply on for those Extensions for that group.

Have a BLF setup on a handset, and press the button associated with it to pick it up ?.

Yes, if you set the blf to use pickup and the phone supports it.
    Now, if the phone is supported with 3CX - there is no need to do anything, just select the blf when it start blinking and it will perform a Pickup *20* Ext

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

Thanks for the reply MichaelB, I'll tweak our groups now to accomodate this via the 3CX Assistant.

Now this one...

... are you aware of which handsets support this ? (ours are in my signature).

Thanks.

4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

http://www.3cx.com/blog/support/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I've now got the BLF's / pickup working correctly on my Polycom SPIP 650 handsets, the SIP application needed to be updated to support this.

The handset was as shipped from the factory on v 3.0.4.0061, and I updated it to 3.2.3.1734.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.