Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved: Checking voicemail for 4 digit extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by star1, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star1

We recently upgraded to V9 SP1 (from v8 backup) and are setup to use 4 digit extensions since. Everything works until we try to check voicemail remotely or for a different extension.

When we dial 9999 and press #, the system prompts for the extension number. We enter the extension, but the system only allows you to enter 3 digits for the and then cuts you off and says extension not found. I confirmed that the custom variable 'ENL' is set to 4. All throughout the system, it's correctly using 4 digits. We only have a problem when checking voicemail.

Any help or workaround is appreciated.

Thanks.
    Eric

2. star1

Re: Checking voicemail for 4 digit extensions

I found a workaround, but it seems that it's a bug that should be fixed.

The LoginVmail.vxml file located in the IVR directory inside the http directory (c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr) contains the following:
    Code:
     <field name="ext_number_field">
          <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{3-3}</grammar>
    Based on the "3-3" it's hard coded to expect 3 digits even though our system is set to 4. I would think it should have the ENL variable set in there.

I changed our file to read as follows and it works for us now:
    Code:
     <field name="ext_number_field">
          <grammar>#|[0-9|*]{4}</grammar>
    -Eric

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Eric, from what I can see you had a 3digit PBX you made a backup (which had all entries / files / data and so on for 3 digits pbx) and you restored the same backup on a 4 digit pbx?
    Correct?
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. star1

Hi Michael,

That's not actually the case. I was running 4 digit extensions on V.8. Everything was working well. To upgrade to V9, I took a backup of the 4 digit V8 PBX configuration, un-installed V8, installed V9 and then restored the 4 digit backup. As soon as I did that, the problem happened.

-Eric

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Eric, is it possible to send me your V8 Backup so I can replicate your issue - mb@3cx.com
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

This issue is fixed - I just updated on this post - follow the link
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/bug-accessing-another-s-voicemail-box-16599.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.