• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved: DIAL AUTOMATICALLY - LONG PAUSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsnyc

Reaction score
When I dial number, such as 9-areacode-number there is a long pause, over 10 seconds before the phone automatically dials the number.

I am using a Cisco SPA5xx phone.

Can this be changed so that it dials much faster?

Re: DIAL AUTOMATICALLY - LONG PAUSE!

Yes, you can either use the # at the end of your number or create dialplans in the set so that it knows when to send the digits to 3CX, depending on what you are dialling. see...

http://www.netphonedirectory.com/pap2_dialplan.htm

I'm pretty sure that this info will apply to your Cisco phone as well.

The solution is on Cisco SPA5 phones, go to Regional options and change InterDigit Short timer to a short value, such as 1,2 or 3 seconds.

That is fine if you never pause when dialling a number (the default on that setting is generally 3 seconds). You are still best, if the feature is available, to create a dialplan in the phone ( or ATA) for the number combinations that apply to your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.