Solved:DTFM issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by KOUSIS, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KOUSIS

Hello
    I'm using 3cx for 2 weeks now and today i found out that DTFM is not working. I mean that when i called a bank service and the operator gave some options, when i pressed the numbers in my phone (Yealink t20) the operator didn't recongized them.

What do i have to do?

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: DTFM is not working

What sort of connection are you using , VoIP, or a Gateway?

3. KOUSIS

I'm using Gateway with the Granstream 41xxx

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

DTMF is send a number of ways from the set. It can be the audio DTMF or it can be sent as a couple different type of SIP messages that are then received at the gateway and regenerated to be sent out on the phone line. That is the best way to do it. You need to make sure that your set and your gateway are set to use the same type of SIP message. I haven't used either that set or Gateway but there should be options associated with DTMF on both.

5. mclaughlk2

Hello, I'm having similar issues as well with DTMF. I am using a Cisco 7942G handset with SIP firmware 8.3.0 (this is similar to the 7941), and I am using callcentric as my voip provider. When I call a bank, or a business and try to enter an option (ie. 1 for sales, 2 for tech support, etc) nothing is recognized. However, in my logs I get the following:

22:40:14.197 [MS211000] C:77.1: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:21086 is delivering DTMF using RTP payload (RFC2833). In-Band DTMF tone detection is disabled for this call segment.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In your case , using a VoIP provider, you are passing the SIP DTMF messages (RFC2833), and expecting them to be regenerated somewhere before the party you are calling. You might want to discuss with them what type of DTMF messaging they can handle and the issue that you are having.

7. mclaughlk2

OK thanks! I just wasn't sure if it was a configuration issue on the pbx side, the cnf.xml file file for my phone, or my voip provider.

8. KOUSIS

I solved.
    The problem was not from 3CX but from my phone Yealink
    I chenged the DTFM type to INBAND and now its working

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.