• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[Solved, False Alarm] Webmeeting invites do not reach Gmail addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

datamerge

Gold Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
If I send an invite to a Gmail address it never arrives. I suspect the Gmail server may incorrectly block the email as spam.

Regards

Mark Dutton

Re: Webmeeting invites do not reach Gmail addresses

Hi datamerge,

For the invites function to work correctly you'd need to make sure that your PBX ports 5000 and 5001 are correctly reachable from the internet.

Is your sending domain clean? How does it get graded from http://www.mxtoolbox.com?

Allen

Yes I can send to Gmail from outlook fine, It is the content of the message I believe. If I paste the URL into outlook and send a message it arrives in my Gmail in box.

I don't to use Gmail to send. I have an on premise Exchange server.

My domain is clean.

Mark Dutton

Just a quick update.

I have the 3CX relaying through my Exchange server. I can send to external addresses other than Gmail from 3CX. I can send to Gmail directly via Outlook (on my Exchange server).

Quite strange. Even the test email does not work to Gmail. If others have no problems, I will put it down to something in my network. It is not a major issue for me.

Regards

Mark Dutton

Hi datamerge ,

I have check with my exchange and i can send emails to gmail so you need to check what is wrong with your mail server .

Thanks Nick.

I am not trying to use a Gmail server as my SMTP server. I have an on-premise Exchange server. I have just found that I can send invites to most people, but when I send an invite to someone who has a gmail address, it never seems to arrive.

Regards

Mark

datamerge said:
Thanks Nick.

I am not trying to use a Gmail server as my SMTP server. I have an on-premise Exchange server. I have just found that I can send invites to most people, but when I send an invite to someone who has a gmail address, it never seems to arrive.

Regards

Mark

What Exchange logs say? I had sort of similar issue but found that we were connecting to gmail via IPv6 and that needed some extra DNS configuration on our side for mails to be accepted.

I'm not too concerned about it John. It was just something I noticed. We don't use the webmeeting feature except to demo it to clients.

If I copy a link from the webmeeting and then email it via Outlook (and the same Exchange server) it goes through fine. That is why I thought it might be getting caught in the Gmail spam filter.

Regards
Mark

Sounds like some kind of configuration issue with your exchange server. It's strange that people with non-gmail addresses receive invitations fine but gmail addresses don't receive anything and yet sending an e-mail manually works fine.

Can you try changing the invitation template in PBX > Settings > Parameters > MAILTEMPLATE_WEBMEETING. Empty it up and just put a few clear text characters and invite a gmail address again. If this works, then it means your exchange server doesn't like something that's in the invitation email template.

Postby 12494 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:03 am

Is your sending domain clean? How does it get graded from http://www.mxtoolbox.com?

Allen

Obviously your mail server can send mail. So, then look to the receiving mail servers some of which are more secure and use more checks, than others. What are they checking? They are checking the originating domain - your email domain.

A week ago I suggested you use a tool like mxtoolbox which will help you with this. Have you gotten someone that understands these mail routing issues to test this for you?

Allen

Thanks Allen

I understand what you are saying. I design, build and support networks including Exchange mail systems for a living. As I said I can send email to Gmail via Outlook fine. I am not on any RBLs. My mail server correctly resolves reverse DNS to the smtp banner etc. If it didn't I wouldn't be able to email to GMail servers at all.

If there was something in the 3CX HTML message that was affecting my Exchange server, then I would not be able to send everywhere else, yet I can.

The most likely issue is that something in the message text triggers a filter in the GMail server, hence why I brought it up here.

It was not a major issue for me, but since it seems to be bothering others, I have investigated further. I have confirmed that the email is leaving my mail server by observing the mail logs and watching the events in my layer 7 firewall. If I telnet to the Exchange server on port 25 from the 3CX computer and manually send an email, it is accepted and it arrives at my Gmail inbox. This confirms all routing, relay settings, dns resolution, RBL, etc are OK.

I removed all the HTML from the message and it still fails. What i just noticed is that the email is a meeting request, and I think this is what causes the problem.

Regards

Mark

12494 said:
Postby 12494 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:03 am

Allen

A week ago I suggested you use a tool like mxtoolbox which will help you with this. Have you gotten someone that understands these mail routing issues to test this for you?

Allen

In direct response to this Allen. Yes I am clean on mxtoolbox. I have been subscribed to this service for some time.

Regards

Mark

Hi datamerge,

Can you check in the Gmail the Junk folder .
Also in inbox i notice that some time the gmail is sorting the email as Social or Promotion .

If you send a welcome email to a person that has a google email, does it work?
If that does not work you simply need to troubleshoot your mail server.

Yes it is all quite strange.

I did a packet trace of the transaction between my Exchange server and the Google mail server. The entire transaction is successful and all the details are correct, yet I never see the email in my inbox in Gmail.

It is definitely not in social, promotions, junk mail, etc.

I can send you this trace if you like. I prefer not to post in on the forum.

Regards

Mark

If you click on Send welcome email in the extensions, do you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.