• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[SOLVED] Grandstream GXP-1610 Constantly reboots with firmware <1.0.4.100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kif1

Reaction score
Resolution:

Aram from 3CX contacted me and had a look and said my configuration was essentially correct. He had me install the most recent beta version of 3CX to see if the updated template for my phone would work. This has solved the issue for me.

Hello all,

Recently I was very pleased to see the licence changes in 3CX and have decided to take advantage of the fact that 3CX can now manage my Grandstream GXP-1610 IP phone.

However I have noticed an annoying problem that I have. The latest version available from firmware.grandstream.com is 1.0.4.100, however I notice that 3CX wants to install 1.0.4.105. When I allow 3CX to update the firmware on this phone, the phone enters an endless cycle of rebooting. Once the phone reboots, it does register but then appears to lock up / become very unresponsive to button presses. After a few minutes the phone reboots itself endlessly. During this time I am completely unable to make or receive calls.

Downgrading back to 1.0.4.100 seems to fix the problem, but then under "phones" in the 3CX management console It shows up, I can provision it, the request is sent to the phone, it reboots, registers, works proplerly, but shows up red and under firmware it says "not supported" and unless I delete the firmware from the webserver it will try and update the firmware and then we get the endless reboots.

I have tried factory resetting, reflashing the firmware, and even using the beta 1.0.4.106 firmware but even this firmware does not work correctly. I have also googles around for things like "Grandstream phone rebooting" and the model number, and variations on this, but I have been unable to find anything helpful.

the PBX itself is running on a FreeBSD Bhyve guest running Debian linux, and I manually installed 3CX. I've given the virtual machine a 25GB virtual hard drive and access to 2GB of RAM, there are only 4 extensions. Everything else including the 3 3CX softphone clients is working normally.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can try further to resolve this issue?

Last edited:
Hello @Kif1

Please note that there is a new template available in the updates section of the PBX that fixes this issue. After you download it make sure to restart the management console service and re-provision the phone (or reboot).
Let us know if that solves your issue

Thanks, I will give this a try now and let you know what happens.

Hello,

Unfortunately the phone is still constantly rebooting with the firmware 1.0.4.105 and updated phone template.

Can you reset it to factory settings and re-provision it again or is the phone not responsive?

I have already reset the phone to factory defaults and reprovisioned it in the management console.

This was happening to me yesterday and I was remote.
I simply turned off the Switch port to power the phone down, and then turn it back on.
Phone came up - loaded new firmware (1.0.4.105) and voila...

EDIT - Well back to rebooting.

Last edited:
The same for me with GXP1620.
Yesterday I've downloaded on 3CX the new update for firmware for GXP16xx, find that suddenly all four GXP1620 had unsupported firmware (1.0.4.96), applied all GXP1620 phones for the new firmware 1.0.4.105. All phone are remote with STUN.
For three of them no problem after upgrade. My GXP1620 is constantly rebooting after getting registered on 3CX 15.5SP3. I've factory reset the phone, deleted the phone from 3CX and reconfigured for remote provisioning. All was ok but reboot continues. The workaround for me is boot the phone without network (no cable or with swith port disabled) and then activate network. This way the phone no more reboots.
I've noticed that there was SP4 beta available but, as stated, it was not recommended to apply to production. It seems strange that 3CX get available update for firmware that works correctly with beta version and has problem with production version.
Please help.
Thank you

We have the same problem. Seems this happened only we provision the phone.

How to downgrade the firmware in Grandstream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.