• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SOLVED How to send more numbers(callerid) to sip trunk (VB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

feestbeestzaandam

New User
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using 3cx 7 and i am verry pleased about it,
But i want to know if something is possible with this system.

I have 1 sip trunk (voipbuster), with that sip provider i can use more phonenumbers.
example: if u have 2 frizboxes or other sip divices i can use the same sip provider with the same login and password but send a other (extern) caller id.

Now i want to use for the 3cx system tyhe same principle.
Now i have to use 3 voipbuster acounts for 3 numbers (caller id's)

extention 1 uses vb 1
extention 2 uses vb 2
extension 3 uses vb 3

What i want is that all the xtentions can use 1 vb acount but send all 3 a other extern number.
The reason???
I have 3 butgetphone acounts and 2 pstn lines so i have 5 numbers.
I have to pay for the 2 pstn lines and budgetpone(sip) if i call to outside numbers.
Voipbuster is free and intervoip cheaper then a normal line.

So i want to call with 1 vb acount but use 3 or 5 caller id's (voipbuster accepts 5 caller id's and 2 parallel calls)

who can help me??

Re: How to send more numbers(callerid) to sip trunk(voipbuster)

Hi,

I believe the problem will be is that you need to set the callerID you want to use in the voipbuster account. I don't think you can use the setting within 3CX to send different callerIDs from the one account.

Jonathan Hamon

Re: How to send more numbers(callerid) to sip trunk(voipbuster)

I tought that to.
But i am new at the 3cx forum and the 3cx sip server.
I have tried many things but a am just a biginner so i can miss some things that are normal for a prof in 3cx.
Its not a problem to use more then one sip provider or more acounts from the same but if you have 5 numbers
and you want to call them to normal lines and mobile phones and you want the ceapest way ( i am dutch ;-) ) then i need 10 acouns 5 at vb and 5 at intervoip.
I hope some one know's a other way and make it easyer.

thanks for the reply

SOLVED How to send more numbers(callerid)to sip trunk(voipbu

I have solved the problem,

Just set at all extensions at the tab "other" the outbound caller id you want.
And change at the outbound parameters from the sip trunk from: user part -> Caller name

Than it should work.

feestbeestzaandam --

Brilliant! Thank you very much for the solution to this!!! It works!!

-- Bob

Great advice indeed, but it can be configured even a little bit easier:

• Browse to VOIP Providers
  • Click on the Provider Name of which you want to change the outbound number
  • Go to the Outbound Parameters tab
  • Locate the Content of SIP fields section
  • Change the row with FROM: User Part and set it to a custom value where you enter the desired outgoing phone number

This way you don't have to edit each extension, but can do the trick all at once and even use different outgoing numbers per VOIP provider.

By the way, tested this using VoipBuster as the VOIP provider. To be able to use an outgoing number with VoipBuster, you first need to log in using the VoipBuster client, add the phone number in your profile and confirm that the number is yours by entering the SMSed code to your mobile or punch in the shown numbers on your phone. Use the format 31201234567 in the custom field as described above, where 31 is your country code and the rest of the numbers represent the phone number without a leading zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.