SOLVED - Paging on multiple phones with the same extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ben Eubank, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Eubank

Hello, I have two Yealink phones on the same extension - one on the Local LAN and one Remote using STUN. When a page is sent, it beeps on the remote phone but does not send the audio through. If we unplug the local phone, the audio works correctly on the remote phone. This is only an issue with pages... normal calls work fine at both locations. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

My guess is the local handset "accepts" the call... have you tried 2 phones internal on same extension to see what the result is? my guess is it would be the same result.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Does the remote handset have "PBX delivers audio" enabled on the extension ? does standard audio calls (not paging) work ?

4. Ben Eubank

Yes... when I have 2 local phones, they both accept the page.

According to 3CX, this is not supported... only one phone will accept the page. Makes sense although I didn't think this would be the case.

5. craigreilly

Thanks for the update. Obviously multicast won't work either... Perhaps the remote phone has "another" extension for this reason? Somewhat cumbersome for sure.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eddv123

7. craigreilly

Perhaps it is a paging group already but he is having issues with just this one handset.

8. eddv123

Hi Craig Reilly,

Paging groups are totally supported by 3CX, but what we need to understand is what element of this is not supported:

Is it because it is paging to two Yealink phones on the same extension or because there is direct SIP/STUN phones involved in the paging group - or both ?

9. craigreilly

He said he did it internally and it worked fine. Where is it said that 3cx doesn't support Paging Groups in this thread? Only that 3cx doesn't support what he is trying to accomplish.

10. eddv123

Read what I said - "Paging groups are totally supported by 3CX" it is the method I am asking for clarity on.

The guide (where good) does not suggest any restrictions as to configuration as far as I can see.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/ring-groups-paging-intercom/#h.mrhpuin3fikr

The only guideline I am aware of is that when you reach +64 units within the group you must use Multicast paging

11. craigreilly

tapping out.

eddv123 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.