• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[solved] Remote voicemail with 2 digit extensions not workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhitfield

Reaction score
Since I'm a one man band, I have two digit extension numbers set up.

I don't know if it's as a result of this, but I cannot access voicemail from DR menus; I can get to the mail voicemail menu, but when asked to enter the extension number, there's a pause, then I'm asked to enter it again.

This goes on until the nice lady becomes bored and says goodbye. However, if I dial a three digit number, I get 'Extension not found'

The same happens if I dial voicemail directly from one of the handsets and press #.

In all other respects, voicemail works fine.

Re: Remote voicemail with 2 digit extensions

Hi,

What has happened is that somehow the PBX believes you are on a 3 digit extension, probably you had inistially set it up as threee an changed the extension to 2.

There are ways you can change this to adapt to it but requires work and can cause issues. In such cases I believe that the best possible road to take is to uninstall and reinstall configuring the PBX from scracth not from backup.

Always had it set up with two digits; I did that right from the start - two was what I used on my old ISDN system, and I just carried on the same way.

Perhaps I'll wait until 9 comes out before reconfiguring from scratch.

V9 RC2 is extremely stable - and from what their tech guys have said, they're hoping it will be the "gold" release. You might consider going ahead and "taking the plunge."

Has this been resolved?

We're on V9 SP1 and are setup to use 4 digit extensions. Everything works until we try to check voicemail remotely. The system only allows you to enter 3 digits for the voicemail box and then cuts you off and says extension not found.

Any help or workaround is appreciated.

Thanks.
Eric

Hi Eric,

Had you solved this, I believe you changed the voicemail file correcT?

Just to note, tweaking the same file has fixed my issue, too.

Thanks - Marked as solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.