Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

[SOLVED] Rule for numbers with + sign

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by inteq, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inteq

Hello

I am implementing 3CX Phone for Windows with our 3CX 12 and I am stuck with a problem.
    Many users have phone numbers in the international format in their Outlook agenda. (+ "Country Code" "Local Phone Number"
    Calling from within Outlook works only for numbers in "local format" or with 00 instead of + sign.
    Making a call to a number like: "+40 123456789" results in a busy tone.
    In the server log I can see the number is passed without the + sign, resulting in "40 123456789", which of course will not work

I am unable to find any reference about dealing with the + sign in front of the number in 3CX Outbound dialing rules.

Anyone found a solution for this please?

Later Edit: Found a solution for 3CX stripping the + sign.
    In Settings/Advanced/Add Prefix +
    Now in logs I can see the number being passed as dialed, but now I get " Invalid Number" from an upstream provider or our E1 gateway.
    Will look into it and get back.

Even later edit:

It seems our E1 provider does not have the knowledge or capability to allow numbers with + instead of 00 in front of the number.
    Even more, cannot dial national numbers in international format, be it with + or with 00.

Lucky me, I can do this from Outgoing rules in 3CX.

My rules for working with + and 00
    [​IMG]

In rule 1 I strip the first two digits
    In second rule I strip the first 3 digits
    In 3rd rule I strip the first digit and add 00

Nice monologue :)

Hope it will help someone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.