• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[Solved] Using CyberData Paging Gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtc11

Reaction score
I have a functional 3CX phone system up and running using all Yealink T42G phones. They can call between each other, no problem. By dialing *9<extension>, I'm able to page between phones.

Now I'd like to be able to page to a loudspeaker system using a CyberData Paging Gateway.

I've created a new extension, like so:

image no longer available

And I've set up the paging gateway SIP settings as follows:

image no longer available

I've made sure that all extensions have the "Can Intercom" right.

When I try to page from a phone to extension 205, the paging gateway, I hear a busy tone and get a "Temporarily Unavailable" message on the phone LCD.

I understand that the CyberData device is not an "officially" supported piece of hardware, however, is this something that should still be possible to achieve?

Re: Using CyberData Paging Gateway

If the device settings is still as posted, then you should change SIP Registration to YES, and set the expiry period to 30 minutes or less.

And use passwords that are a bit harder to guess.

If is enable on this device use multicast paging , create ring groupnon 3cx how multicast

Leejor is correct.

There is no need for multicast or a ring group if trying to page using a Paging loudspeaker system. The multicast and ring group is when there is a desire to page multiple extensions all at once and then relying upon the number of extension within the multicast group internal speaker capability to aurally announce your message.

The problem you seemingly have with your set-up is that the setting you published indicates that a registration to the system is not required. The problem with this is that without a registration, 3CX does not perceive that extension 205 is connected and able to take calls and therefor the forwarding rules regarding busy or not registered come into play. You should have the extension register to 3CX and its corresponding indicator should be green.

Additionally, as this is a paging gateway, you should only need to dial the extension directly (205) whereupon it will/should then auto-answer your call and allow your voice message to be passed directly output to the amplifiers and speakers of the paging system. It should not need the *9 dial code that the standard phones need. However, you could still try *9 to see once registered as a test.

You could include the extension in a ring group and use multicast if the device supports it. This would allow you to use both loudspeaker based paging systems along with a multitude of speaker phones should the situation call for it, but a registration is needed for 205 regardless.

May I ask why are you even considering multicasting? All you need is for IT to register against 3CX as the extension chosen (205) and for the user to dial it when needed. Am I missing something here? BTW, both radio buttons on YES.

All it took was to enable the "register" option. Working great now, thanks!!

Glad it worked BUT set both to yes, you want the PA to unregister when rebooting so that it will show as unavailible to the system while down.

sigma1 said:
Glad it worked BUT set both to yes, you want the PA to unregister when rebooting so that it will show as unavailible to the system while down.

If the device rebooting, which should not be happening that often, or just unregistered, a call to it, is going to fail one way or another. So... in the big scheme of things it really doesn't make much of a difference, unless, for some unexplained reason it is constantly up and down. If that is the case, well...you've got bigger problems to solve.

Why allow 3CX to think that the device is online when it isn't? Why not, that's what it's for and 3CX supports the feature...

PS, that ONLY kicks in when the device is rebooted via the web interface/telnet or controlled. It will not unregister in case of a power issue, so this will likely happen when you reboot it, perform maintenance (config or FW).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.