Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved: why is 3CX Recording every phone call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telman50, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telman50

Why does the 3Cx phone system 9 record each call between Extension calls in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Recordings directories. I noticed this when I was backing up the system and it went from not to long for the backup to a quite a while after I put the phone system into service.

When I went to listen to some of the recordings on my extension it was me working with a couple of extension on some other problems in the building. I noticed that the files that were bigger in KB's were when I was on the phone longer with them.

Should this system record all calls if you did not tell it to do that any where.

I have checked the system and did not fined any place to control this function at all.

2. TwigsUSAN

Re: why is 3CX Recording every phone call

Please look in the following location.

1) Login into your system.
    2) Expand Extensions
    3) Click on one of your extensions
    4) Click on the other tab under that extension
    5) Under the other tab, is the record all calls box checked?

If it is checked, then I believe all calls that occur on that extension would be recorded.

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, as TwigsUSAN described very well in this post, you will need to check if you enabled or not Recording for Extensions.
    By default this is unchecked.

Also when you backed up your system and you checked to backup your recordings this is normal that when you restore it takes abit of time.

Please let us know if you will need any help.
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. telman50

Thanks to the both of you, you are right, I built a import .csv file at the start of the project and I had a 1 in the record all calls field, then when I did the import it set all of the extensions to record all calls, that is why when I added a few extensions later they did not have that checked.

Now I cleared all of the recordings out of the system and did a backup all is normal again.

Thanks to the both of you for the quick response on this issue.

Earl

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi Earl, so Issue solved.
    Let us know if you will need any help.
    Thanks and Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.