Some bugs/requests for Android 3CXphone

Discussion in 'Android' started by ccomley, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccomley

Couple of points about 3CX/Android integration, particularly, access to the Android contact list.

I have 2.0.4 running on ICS on an HTC One X

This morning my landline is dead, and as I get no GSM signal at home, I thought, yay - use 3CXphone and dial out via the office11

1) Finding a contact in the usual Android "people/contacts" app doesn't appear to give me a way to dial via 3p, only via GSM.
    2) Finding a contact by tapping the "contacts" button on 3P's keyboard brings up a VERY long list, I can scroll through to the name I want but there's no search function! Seems something of an oversight. I do wonder in passing if this is because earlier/other android phones have a "search" button on the main keyboard. HTC One X does not.
    3) Having found my own landline number for a test of "does 3CX phone or the PBX guess to add the prefix for one of the trunks" I found it *did*. Yay. So I went on to try to dial someone I need to actually speak to. On tapping the name it says "3CXPhone or GSM"? I tape 3CX and... it just returns to the default dialpad display. No error message or comment, no apparent attempt to dial the number.

Seems to me the neatest solution, if it's possible, is to add the option to dial ysing the softphone to Android's contact list. Failing taht, a Search function in 3CXPhone's contact list feature. And maybe a permanent setting in 3CXphone to tell it what dial prefixes may be required.

2. ccomley

ALSO despite saying "Earpiece" in the dialpad display, when I dial, it connects as Speakerphone, and I can't find anything to do to revert to "hold phone to ear" mode.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It does not appear that your specific handset is in the list of tested devices.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/change-log/3cxphone-android-build-history/

Given that how handsets handle things, like the contact list (amongst others), can vary greatly from model to model (even same model, different provider), it is understandable that problems, such as the ones you are experiencing , can arise (as others have found).

I can only assume that the phones available for 3CX to test on (and tweak the software), are those offered up by co-workers, so the selection is going to be limited to begin with.

Given their location, in the world, they will also lack the diversity of handsets available in all other markets.

They might appreciate it if you'd like to donate your phone for testing purposes :)

4. ccomley

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

But the HTC One "trio" look to be very popular, and, rash of me I know, I might assume that all three will be similar from a dev point of view...

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I know that when it comes time for me to upgrade my handset, i will be looking to enlist someone, using the same handset, to test out the 3CX App before I commit to a particular model.

6. ccomley

leejor - sensibile move if you have a major use for 3CX phone you'd be stuck without.

I don't - but I do like to demonstrate it to people, it had not occurred to me that it might not work well on one of the currently most popular handsets, but I guess "currently popular" means "new" means "3CX Guys won't have had time to play with it yet".

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm sure that they have to wait until a fellow 3CX employee has upgraded their handset (to a currently untested model) before they have a fresh guinea pig to test on.

For myself, it means having to take along a dedicated WiFi VoIP handset when travelling, So I will be confirming, that it will work on the handset I choose.

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also we can not buy any Android in the market where daily new are added.
    So we have to check on the once we have, see as pop. or are widely used by our customers.

Also not all new phones are good, good example is the HTC One, the Wildfire where very stable and good, but all has changed to the ONE...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.