• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Some help with configuring Sangoma A200D card plz ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

atg

Reaction score
Greeting.

Has anyone done it?

I download drivers and installation procedure from Sangoma.

Now windows does recognize the device.

How can i configure it now with 3CX ?

My steps:
Add PSTN -> Generic Gateway Device (named Sangoma) -> Gateway Hostname or IP: i used default gateway from ipconfig 192.168.1.12 -> Gateway Port (default is 5060): i left 5060 -> Number of ports: i changed from 1 to 4 card does have a 4 phone jacks on the back -> Type: i left Analog.

That's it.

Well now in the Phone System -> Line Status: i got my extensions and VoIP Lines green (Status: Registered (idle)), but 4 PSTN Lines 10001-1004 are still red (Status: Not registered).

I am doing something wrong, can anyone help plz.

I am sorry but 3CX does NOT support internal cards of any type and I do not believe there are any plans to support them in the near future, if ever.
The list of supported VOIP Gateways is on our website.

There are no PCI FXO cards. You might be referring to Digium cards for use with Asterisk. (and the numerous Digium 'clone' cards that are available). These only work with Asterisk. Bear in mind that including the echo cancellation, which is essential, they are just as expensive as VOIP Gateways.

VOIP gateways have substantial advantages:

1. Offloads analog to digital processing away from the computer
2. OS/Device driver independent: If you do an upgrade to the OS you dont need to update the device drivers or wait for device driver updates to be available.
3. Allows you to place the server away from the phone lines
4. Allows for easier setup of redundant systems

All in all more reliable. Good gateways can be had for just a few hundred pounds so they are well within reach of SMB

Straight from the Head Honcho :wink:

atg said:
Greeting.

Has anyone done it?

I download drivers and installation procedure from Sangoma.

Now windows does recognize the device.

How can i configure it now with 3CX ?

My steps:
Add PSTN -> Generic Gateway Device (named Sangoma) -> Gateway Hostname or IP: i used default gateway from ipconfig 192.168.1.12 -> Gateway Port (default is 5060): i left 5060 -> Number of ports: i changed from 1 to 4 card does have a 4 phone jacks on the back -> Type: i left Analog.

That's it.

Well now in the Phone System -> Line Status: i got my extensions and VoIP Lines green (Status: Registered (idle)), but 4 PSTN Lines 10001-1004 are still red (Status: Not registered).

I am doing something wrong, can anyone help plz.

3CX PBX supports any PCI device which provides SIP interface on user level.

5060 is a port used by PBX and you need to configure your device(see device configuration guide) to use different port and then specify it in PBX configuration or reconfigure PBX to use another port if user level implementation of device has it hard coded.

Regards

Oh well! Wrong again! :oops:

I am on a roll....

Time to take som holiday Mirzab... :wink:

Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.