Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Some issues with the new android app

Discussion in 'Android' started by 1Efrak, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1Efrak

Hi there,

I do not know, if I am just too stupid to adjust my android phones right, or it is an App's problem:

1. receiving calls:
    3CX open and in front, smartphone display gets black -> somebody calling, I can accept the call in the lock screen.
    3CX open, but any other app in front, smartphone display gets black -> I have to unlock the phone via PIN first to be able to accept the call

2. Car mode (bluetooth) -> with connected phone and audio
    When I am connected via bluetooth and receive a call, I first have to unlock the phone (when there is a security PIN is set). Without PIN, I have to swipe up to be able to accept the call. Then audio is vie the car speakers.

This happens with all my Android Phones with Android 5 or higher.

Any idea what to do?

Regards,

Rainer

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the recent, version 14, release? If so, were these issues happening previously (other V14 releases), or with previous versions (V11,V12)?

http://www.3cx.com/forums/choppy-audio-with-v14-client-on-android-41825-s45.html

3. 1Efrak

Exactly, talking about the latest version of the v14 app.

I do not have any idea, if this was a problem with older versions, because:

I started with V12 last year as a test. For the reason that there wasn't push for android, I changed to V14 in July 2015. Since July 2015 I had the problems with choppy audio, no way to really start with 3CX.
    Now the quality is really good, so I started a company wide test last week. During these tests, the above mentioned points have been coming up.
    Living in Germany, we are not allowed to even touch the phone while driving in a car (stupid). For this it would be nice to have solutions for the points mentioned.
    Main problem is the thing with unlocking the phone with pin to answer calls. A swipe would be OK. For the moment we all try to get 3CX in front (on first layer?, sorry for my English in this case) to get the chance just to touch the "answer" button when there is an incoming call.

Regards

Rainer

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

On Android, once you open the 3CXPhone app and lock the screen, it takes ~20-30 seconds for the PUSH to kick in. Once it does, then answering from the lock screen with a swipe should be possible. If PUSH has not yet kicked it, then you will have to engage the lock screen first.

5. Doragiant

Your website looks very warm. It's like a big family

6. wtrbhe

Hi,

we have the exact same issues with all our (differend) Android Phones: you can only accept a call in lock - screen when 3cx was in foreground, if any other app or the home - desk was in foreground when display gets locked, you must unlock the phone with PIN first. Push is working, and the issue is the same, even if the phone was locked for half an hour.

3cx Phone Version is 14.0.56 on all phones.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I tried this on a LG Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1, I opened the 3CXPhone app, pressed the 'Exit' option, waited 4-5 minutes then called it and I didn't have to enter PIN to unlock the screen.

What make/model phone are you using and what android version? Custom ROM?

8. PaulD

We are using Version 14.0.57 on a fleet of Vodafone Smart Prime 6's running Android 5.0.2 and have exactly the same issue. Also, plain white status indicator for all profiles.

Happy to ship you one for testing ......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This depends on the manufacturer and the specific Android version and mods each one of them has thrown into each phone, e.g. on my LG Nexus 5 it is black and white, but on a colleagues Samsung S6 it shows in colour.

Regarding the other issue, just to recap, when the screen is locked and you get an incoming call, you have to first engage the lock-screen (pattern, pin, thumbprint, etc)? Does this also happen if you disable the need for lock-screen so that the phone simply unlocks with a swipe?

The reason I ask is because some Samsung phone (also the S6 mentioned above) have this and I have been told it is something built-in by Samsung and to overcome the lock-screen on these devices requires a different method that what e.g. the LG Nexus does.

10. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The entire top status bar went colourless in a version of Android.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.