Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Some newbie questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SimWhite, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimWhite

Hi! A tried to test trial version of 3CX and I have some questions.

1. How can I change SIP domain to my own?
    2. How can I activate TLS? I tried to use my own certificate from Comodo but I can't insert private key because it 4096 bits but textfield is only 2000 characters long. Also why it named API?
    3. How can I activate SRTP for Cisco SPA303?
    4. Does 3CX Tunnel technology use the encryption? What kind?
    5. When I tried to test iOS client and I have a problem. It always drops the voice after a second. I tried different settings and modes with no luck.

2. George_3cx

George_3cx Guest

Hi SimWhite,

1. In order to change your SIP domain assuming you are using V15 you must go to settings --> network --> FQDN tab --> under Settings for Direct SIP Calls field. After that go and restart all the pbx services.

2. In order to use your own certificates make sure that they are at maximum 1024 bits for compatibility with all phones. You can enable it from settings --> security --> Secure SIP --> tick the check box and paste the required information from the certificates.

3. For Cisco SPA303 you can enable Secure Call feature in order to have encrypted calls. See below screenshot from the phone's manual:

upload_2016-12-28_15-31-16.png

4. 3cx tunnel is a proprietary protocol based on TLS and it is not documented.

5. Did you manage to pass the firewall checker from your pbx ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.