Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Some questions

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Brigno, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brigno

1) Is it possible to enable the internal PC speakers (only for the ring) ?
    2) Is it possible to import a phone book from an external file ?
    3) is it possible to add in automatic a number (I always add a 0 to the external number)

Grazie e ciao !

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    3CXphone has three different PCSpeaker "melodies", encoded 1, 2, 3 - 0 means no PCSpeaker ringing, which is the default. To set it, you have to exit 3CXPhone, open its configuration file and there, under [General] section, add RingPCSpeaker parameter set to the desired value, such as
    [General]
    RingPCSpeaker=3
    Save the file and start 3CXPhone, on the next incoming call PCSpeaker will ring as well.

3CXphone has support for phonebook importing, but only through accounts' provisioning link, which imports corresponding 3CX PBX's company phonebook. Separate phonebook importing is not provided.

For last question, I didn't understand it - can you explain more detailed?

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bluespiderit

re question 3.
    I would have though tyou could add any amount of numbers you want when dialing, the usefulness of this will depend on how the pbx or sip service you are using uses and interprets those extra digits.
    Why have been adding a '1' to numbers before now?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.