Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Some quirks noted when upgrading to v8

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DXS_Matt, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DXS_Matt

So I just finished our upgrade to v8 today, and must say I'm overall pretty impressed.
    Love the ability to run the Assistant outside the office, using either the Tunnel, or our External IP address.

However there are a couple of quirks that I have found in the last couple hours that users have reported to me.

1) We use Exchange 2007 for our voicemail system, however when transferring a call to voicemail from the assistant, it sends it to the 3CX voicemail system. Not sure if this is intended or not, or if I'm missing a setting somewhere, but is an issue as one of the core functions of the assistant does not work for us. Also, is it not possible to transfer to another person's voice mailbox? upon clicking the button with a call highlighted it automatically transfers to the person using the assistant's voicemail?

2) How on earth do you transfer a call using the Assistant? One would assume a blind transfer, however this isn't the case. We have Linksys SPA-962 Phones and when on the line and trying to transfer via the assistant, Person A making the transfer is put on hold, Dials Person B, Person B picks up the phone and they're in a conversation with person A. But what about the caller on the external line? When person A hangs up the call is disconnected without a transfer as the transfer is never actually completed. Or am I missing a step here. (this issue is nowhere in the assistant manual BTW, and is something that I think could have been resolved with proper documentation as I looked there first)

3) Placing a Conference on Hold still results in 3 second audio repeat for everyone in the conference until hold is removed. This has been an issue for us since we installed the system. At times our office assistant cannot pick up the phone and it will ring to my desk. I was on a conference call once and needed to pick up the other line as I could see it was an important caller. Upon hitting the hold button on my previously mentioned SPA-962 and trying to answer the phone, all of my conference participants began hearing a 3 second echo of whatever was being said on the conference. I can reproduce this with external, internal, whatever kind of callers. I'm running on an ESX 3.5 VM with 2GB ram and 1 CPU. The host is a $22,000 Dell R900 with plenty of horsepower left, and a 24TB 10Gbe Ethernet connected SAN, so please don't say it's my hardware.

That's it for now, I'll play more with the system tonight and update if needed.

Thanks for your help
    Matt

2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This one i've never heard of. I'll try and reproduce it first thing in the morning. I'm sure we can fix it.

The rest of your questions i'll answer in the morning because i'm braindead at the moment :p
    And btw can i have your 24TB HDD please?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

$22,000 and you only have 2gb of RAM? Ok, I am going to say its your hardware. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. DXS_Matt

Kerry, thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

The server is a Dell R900 with 4 Quad Core 2.93GHz processors and 128GB of RAM
    [​IMG]

We run VMware vSphere 4 on the host machine and the virtual machine that 3CX is installed on is assigned 1 Processor and 2GB of RAM

Leonidas, have you had a chance to take a look at the hold issue yet?

5. michielpeeters

) How on earth do you transfer a call using the Assistant? One would assume a blind transfer, however this isn't the case. We have Linksys SPA-962 Phones and when on the line and trying to transfer via the assistant, Person A making the transfer is put on hold, Dials Person B, Person B picks up the phone and they're in a conversation with person A. But what about the caller on the external line? When person A hangs up the call is disconnected without a transfer as the transfer is never actually completed. Or am I missing a step here. (this issue is nowhere in the assistant manual BTW, and is something that I think could have been resolved with proper documentation as I looked there first)

The ability to transfer a call using the assistant is only available when your 3cx license is activated.

I hope my answer helps you.

Michiel Peeters

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Sorry for the slow reply.

I've checked the issue you reported and it's indeed a bug. It's been reported and will be fixed.
    I have to say that it's a pretty weird one too... Not only did i replicate the 3 second repeating sounds but i also managed to make it stack different sounds every 3 seconds one on top of the another... My point is that i created a very annoying sound that i might use as a ring tone.

As for the Assistant transfer question. This is how the transfers work.
    If you are using Hardware phones:

Connecting a Normal Call
    -Your assistant is set on extension 100. Your snom is Registered on ext 100.
    -You want to call 101.

-You Click Call 101 through the assistant.
    -Your Snom will start Ringing, you pick it up.
    -Once you picked it up you will hear a ringing tone. That's the sound of 101 ringing.

For the Transfer:
    -100 transfers 101 to ext 103.
    -103 answers and is now connected with 101. ( 101 and 103 connected )

The scenario you gave me above is a bit confusing, think you missed some info on who you were trying to transfer, i didnt understand it very well.
    But for general transfers the above scenario i gave you is just how a call is transfered. Pretty simple.
    Can you re-phrase what exactly you are trying to do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.