Some sort of outbound callerId or wav/mp3/TTS before connecting to outgoing number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mario@lcp.be, Jan 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mario@lcp.be

Hello,

CHALLENGE:
    we have a couple devices (like intercoms) that can make outgoing calls (eg to smartphones) and we would like the receiver to "detect" (see or hear) who is calling before taking the call (eg to make personal greetings).

TRY-OUTS:
    I have tried it with "outbound callerID" but it seems that our SIP provider (Telenet in Belgium) does not permit this functionality. I see the custom callerid in 3cx extension status but on the smartphone the central gateway outbound number is shown (I did not restart the PBX after changing the outbound parameters but hopefully this is not necessary).
    I followed the guidelines on: http://3cxblog.worksighted.com/2009/03/sending-custom-callerid-on-your-voip.html

Another option would be that before connecting the extension to the destination caller, a wav/mp3 or TTS is presented, but I do not know if this even possible with the PBX. Is this possible with VAD or API?

An optional challenge would be to have the outbound callerID stays the same in between forwarding rules form SIP extension (eg when a callee does not answer) or even in between PBXes.

TIA

Mario

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If your provider does not allow the change in Caller ID, and many don't (in some cases they are simply following the law in a particular country), an add-on (audible announcement) of some sort would be the route to pursue. I'm not aware of anything that is inherent in 3CX that would do this. Since most people use Caller ID display, there may not be a large enough market to justify development, but it's worth checking into.

3. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I think you could do this by using the 'Rebound' feature that exists in the Forwarding Rules of each extension and the screening option (screenshots below).

This is per extension setting and what it does is when an extension receives a call, it forwards it to an external number, but due to the 'Rebound' and 'Screening' options, the Caller first is prompted to speak their name. Then when the receiver of the call first hears the Caller ID and the recording the Caller left and then can decide whether to accept the call or send it to Voice Mail.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.