• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

somethings that amaza me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djenkins

Reaction score
hi there

somethings that amaze me and maybe we should have looked deeper before purchasing, but buyers beware, i cant believe nobody else has mentioned this.

- we have 4 call operators and bought the 4 line version, and call centre option, hoping that if 5 calls came in then as we have 4 lines 1 call would simply go into a queue until a line was free, instead the stupud system tells our CUSTOMERS on the phone "you have exceeded your license" and cuts them off! This is just INCREDIBLE that the phone system cuts off our customers, does it really do this or have i set something up wrong, its hardly the customers fault we have run out of licenses and its quite easy for a business to grow beyond its licenses, the system should allow 4 simultaneous CALLS where 4 people are talking not treat people in a queue as a line, very annoyed at this, so beware everyone, we have been using it 2 days and now already looking for alternative systems :-( which is a shame as there are some great features

- internal VOIP calls form our staff to our staff use up our lines, so calling each other thats 2 of our 4 lines gone, come on 3cx this isn't really a line usage as such is it, its just an internal voip call.... thats jsut crazy, again, is this a bug or does it really work like this?

Really quite disappointed by all this, as on the tin it says 4 simultanious calls and to us that was our 4 call ops on the phone, with the potential for other customers ot be in a queue until a line was free, not the system to cut our customers off.

thoughts?
ta
Darren

Hi,

Unfortunately, this is the licensing model of 3cx -- simultaneous call is also a call waiting in a queue or internal call.
My proposal to 3cx is the license model should be changed -- 4 simultaneous calls for example should mean 4 external and 4 internal calls independently, not mixed, and so on.

I fully agree the message for running out of licenses is quite annoying and is not interesting for customers calling. I simply replaced it with recorded busy tone or with message sounding: "Sorry, all lines are currently busy. Please call later.", which is less annoying. Still the customer is charged for the call.

Regards

Our licensing model is fair, competitive and a great value. If you purchased the wrong license for your needs this needs to be addressed with the reseller you purchased from. There is no need to discuss this on our forums as we inform our resellers how to calculate licenses for their customers. I suggest you go back to your reseller and find out what happened. Our model is here to stay and the best in the business. So take your query back to the reseller who sold you the license.

Calls waiting in the Queue are answered calls, this should have been considered when looking at a license right for you.
There is nothing to discuss here, if you have complaints direct them to the reseller and not our forums as the reason you purchased the wrong seat license is not due to our licensing model.

Thanks,
Nate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.