Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sometimes rings through, sometimes doesn't.. - SPA-3102

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmart1013, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmart1013

I'm somewhat new to this, but have hit a roadblock, and need some help.

I've got two PSTN lines hooked into two SPA3102s, and have a server running the latest version of 3CX.

I thought the sytem was working, but it seems that roughly half of the incoming phone calls aren't ringing through. I can't find a pattern to it.....but it is consistent. For example, one of my cell phones (704-453-xxxx) ALWAYS rings through perfectly, but my other one (704-773-xxxx) NEVER does.

For the ones that work, we dial the phone number, the SPA3102 status screen shows the PSTN line as ringing, the 3cx status screen shows the line ringing (in yellow), and the extensions ring.

For the ones that do not work, we dial the phone number, the SPA3102 status screen shows the PSTN line as ringing, but the 3cx status screen does not show the line rigning, and none of the extensions ring.

Any thoughts or help would be greatly apprecaited!!!!! Not sure if it's some sort of ring sensitivity setting, or some kind of disconnect between the SPA3102's and 3cx. Thanks!!!!!

2. jmart1013

Okay, I've made some progress, but now can either :

1. Accept all calls with no Caller ID
    or
    2. Accept some calls with Caller ID

This is a SPA-3102 issue, it seems. I started playing with the PSTN Answer Delay setting on the SPA-3102..

It was set at 4, which allowed Caller ID to populate, however some lines wouldn't ring through. When I set the PSTN Answer Delay to 0, it allowed all calls to ring through, but no Caller ID. I've played with the setting, and found that 1 - 2.5 on the setting will answer all calls, but as soon as I hit 3, it stops accepting some calls, but then Caller ID works.

Obviously, I've got it set on 2 now, so I am getting all calls, but Caller ID isn't working.

Any thoughts as to how I could get Caller ID and incoming calls to work?

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.