Solved sonicwall outbound issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by richo81, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richo81

Hi i'm having an issue with phones (iphones/softphones/handsets) getting outbound connection from my office to my 3cx selfhosted on AWS.

I have a sonicwall in the office and it seems to be blocking connection/provisioning to the AWS 3cx server.

Although i can telnet to SIP ports, can access the management portal remotely. The 3cx firewall checker is all green ticks and if i use a different internet connection that the office the phones connect fine. So i know the 3cx AWS setup is ok and fairly confident the office sonicwall or something is blocking outbound connection to the remote 3cx.

Have had a look through the sonicwall and there are no outbound rules blocking anything. LAN > WAN is Allow All. I even put in a specific rule for LAN > Remote 3cx Allow All.

any ideas?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

3. richo81

so just to clarify my office has a sonicwall. i am trying to connect phones behind the sonicwall to the remote 3cx pbx which is hosted on AWS. The guide you refer to is if the 3cx is behind the sonicwall as if i hosted it in my office, right?

Also all the AWS rules are correct as the firewall checker is all ticks and i can connect to the pbx from another internet connection.

4. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

That is correct however it does outline things to consider for your local site. I do not use SonicWall however from experience I find that most Firewalls (bar Cisco) allow all outbound traffic by default.

You could try using the 3CX remote Firewall checker application ?
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/firewall-checker-client/

5. richo81

not getting successful results with the firewall checker even when testing from another internet connection when the softphone/iphone connects and registers successfully. Can confirm sonicwall has default lan > wan enabled > allow all outbound. has me stumped.

6. richo81

issue was due to 3cx blocking my IP address due to too many unsuccessful login attempts. as soon as i removed that phones registered successfully.

7. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.