• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Sonicwall TZ170 - Warning (10) on firewall test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD ORION

Reaction score
If you get it going, please let me know.

I've never been able to get this working with any VOIP at all... not just 3CX. :(

Matt,

I feel your pain, I've been going through the same issues on a TZ-170. If you have the Enhanced OS you can created a NAT policy like so:

Original Source: 3CX Private IP
Translated Source: 3CX Public IP
Original Destination: Any
Translated Destination: Original
Original Service: Any
Translated Service: Original
Inbound and Outbound Interfaces: any

Make sure no other NAT policy are affecting it and it should let you pass the firewall test.

JP

Matt,

We do not currently us the 3cx, but have installed a video/voip system that utilizes SIP as well as other protocols for video. Inbound calling was visible to the system, but they were dropped when trying to answer. Researching TZ170 issues, I came across this forum.

We didn't want to put this system in a DMZ either, and after a week of frustrations figured out a solution for our problem. We assigned a static ARP entry for the LAN IP & MAC address of our system and this cleared up the problem.

Did you come across another solution? The TZ170's were are running is getting long in the tooth and I didn't want to spring for the Enhanced software, etc. We are looking at putting in more of these systems, but do not want another repeat with a different firewall solution.

Charlie

I've found the issue can be avoided by using multiple IP addresses. I've set up 3 sites so far, two with TZ-170's, one with a TZ-180. Both Enhanced and standard OS.

The key is to get a block of IPs from the ISP. Do NOT use the base IP for the Sonicwall for the 3cx, give it it's own IP. Port forwarding will then work as expected.

So far, ok.

I have some delay issues, but much better than before.

Just installed V6 final and can't get a Grandstream phone to provision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.