Sound problems

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jmast, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmast

Hello, i am new to the 3CX system, and VOIP all together, and i am having a problem,

Here is my setup:

I have a 70 computer network that I am testing out the 3CX System on a trial basis. On those 70 computers I will have approximately 25 of them loaded with the client software and Windows 2000. My SIP server OS is Server 2003. Each of these 25 are programed with their own extension, and on the server I have them programmed the same. I would like for these 25 stations, at any given time, be capable to call and hold a conversation with another station.

Here are my intermittent symptoms:

Workstation 1 is trying to call workstation 2, where workstation 1 can hear workstation 2 just fine, but workstation 2 can not hear workstation 1.

On the same 2 workstations, same equipment, workstation 2 calls workstation 1. Workstation 2 can hear workstation 1 just fine this time, but workstation 1 can not hear workstation 2.

Do you have any suggestions, recomendations?

Thank you for your assistance,

Lenny

2. arpa

You must specify more feature of your PC's. Do you have firewall enabled, this problem you describe seems to be firewall relative . From the server's log you may read useful information.

3. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

A firewall problem is possible like arpa said. Check NAT and make sure the right ports are all open. Run the firewall checker, I'm sure it will tell you something, it will most likely be your best friend when having problems like these. You can also post the server log here of the call so we can provide you with better help.

4. asfuture

asfuture New Member

wich are your routering's and firewall settings???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.