Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Sound quality issues with Yealink t46G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by OTBOB, Jun 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OTBOB

Hello,

Just completing the setup of a 16 simultaneous user system and all is working well, but the sound quality sounds muffled, as though the higher frequencies are gone. I have tried different codecs, but nothing seems to change that. Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Any difference between internal and external calls?

If only external calls are effected and you are using a gateway, check the codecs of the gateway.

How did you change the codec? Note that the codecs which can be set in the 3cx webinterface are not the exact same as used on the phones. There are additional codes added via the provisioning template.
    Check the webinterface of the phones.

If this is fine, you can do a PCAP and look and listen at it with wireshark. You can have the phones logg the sound quality, too.

Best regards

Frank

3. andrea.soc

HI OTBOB, i ahve the sampe problem
    I bought too two months ago, many Yealink phones, 70 Yealink Y46 and 10 T48 and some of them feels muffled.
    the problem is particularly between internal

4. OTBOB

It appears to be a problem with both internal calls and external. I have tried changing codecs both on the provisioning page and the gateway page. I will access the phone web page and see if that offers something I have missed. Thanks

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

So if this may sound like a stupid question, but the Yealink phones usually have 2x RJ11 inputs side by side on the back, one for the handset and one for a potential headset. Is the handset plugged into the correct one?

6. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

If you look on the Yealink forums this has been a regular complaint. Having T4xG's myself after Polycom, Yealink sound quality has been difficult getting use to.

We found how you hold the Yealink receiver makes a big difference.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.