• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Soundfile instead of ringtone, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EcK

Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to change the ringtones for my companie. Out of Office, on hold already working on our Call Queues.

What I need is to replace the standard ringtone when waiting for someone answering my call.

Already read a lot I need to make this change on my provider? The problem is we have more than one provider so for every change i need to do this again for every provider.
Is there some kind of workaround for this with 3cx?

The sounds "Out of Office", "On hold" should only be able to play for external callers not for internal but can't find anything to put an exception for this.

Hello @EcK

What I need is to replace the standard ringtone when waiting for someone answering my call.

Already read a lot I need to make this change on my provider? The problem is we have more than one provider so for every change i need to do this again for every provider.
Is there some kind of workaround for this with 3cx?

Do you want to change the ringing audio you hear when you dial out and waiting for the call to connect? If so please note that the sound you hear is generated by the device you are using. The PBX or provider will send a ringing message to the phone and the phone will play the ringing sound.

The sounds "Out of Office", "On hold" should only be able to play for external callers not for internal but can't find anything to put an exception for this.
There is no way to differentiate what local extensions hear while on hold with what the external callers hear as the audio played is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.