• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

sounds like a dumb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

iperez_genius

Reaction score
to re-start the server do you simply log-out and log back in or is there a something else i should do?

to re-start the server do you simply log-out and log back in or is there a something else i should do?

Easiest way is to go to Windows Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services, Select '3CX PhoneSystem' from the list of services and then click 'Stop the Service' followed a short while later by 'Restart the Service'.
You can also do the same thing from a CMD prompt using Net stop xxxx and Net start xxxx with the service name.

Chris

Not sure if its just the '3cx PhoneSystem' service or if its all of the ones starting with 3cx?

I just restart the whole machine because it's running on Vista and for some reason the service wont stop and gets stuck in 'Stopping' and can't be restarted anyway :cry:
[hate]
Windows Vista
[/hate]

Just stop/start the '3CX PhoneSystem' is all that is required (but that's on XP Pro, no idea about Vista!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.