SoundStation 2W and ATA - can't get multiple lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abacusadmin, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abacusadmin

Hi

I have an analog Polycom SoundStation 2W connected to a Linksys PAP2T which talks to 3CX. It works fine but when I attempt to establish a call to 2nd outside caller (to have a conference with a total of 3 people) it can't access another line. It works fine when it was connected to the old analog PBX.

Has anyone managed to get the Polycom SoundStation 2W to connect to an ATA that allows hosting a conference call with 3 or more calls?

Greg

2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Easy solution... Use 3CX assistant to set up your conference call and join as many parties as you'd like. You can easily configure it as an extra TAB (account) on any PC in your office.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abacusadmin

The problem is that doesn't work in situations where we want to initate the call out to the attendee.

Greg

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Have you used the multi-party call out feature within the 3CX assistant? Just list all participants and let 3CX do all of the outbound calls. Numbers that require extensions are a problem...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abacusadmin

No, I haven't used that but it useful to know.

In this case 3CX Assistant is of no use since they want to dial out to multiple attendees in a boardroom with a conference phone.

Greg

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I suggest you try thhis feature. You can DIAL OUT to as many people as you'd like at once. We do that ourselves for our boardroom and often call out a long list of people.

7. abacusadmin

Yes but there is no computer in the boardroom and the users just want to use a conference phone and are not interested in establishing a conference call using 3CX Assistant on a computer.

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.