• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SoundStation 2W and ATA - can't get multiple lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

abacusadmin

Customer
Reaction score
Hi

I have an analog Polycom SoundStation 2W connected to a Linksys PAP2T which talks to 3CX. It works fine but when I attempt to establish a call to 2nd outside caller (to have a conference with a total of 3 people) it can't access another line. It works fine when it was connected to the old analog PBX.

Has anyone managed to get the Polycom SoundStation 2W to connect to an ATA that allows hosting a conference call with 3 or more calls?

Greg

Easy solution... Use 3CX assistant to set up your conference call and join as many parties as you'd like. You can easily configure it as an extra TAB (account) on any PC in your office.

The problem is that doesn't work in situations where we want to initate the call out to the attendee.

Greg

Have you used the multi-party call out feature within the 3CX assistant? Just list all participants and let 3CX do all of the outbound calls. Numbers that require extensions are a problem...

No, I haven't used that but it useful to know.

In this case 3CX Assistant is of no use since they want to dial out to multiple attendees in a boardroom with a conference phone.

Greg

I suggest you try thhis feature. You can DIAL OUT to as many people as you'd like at once. We do that ourselves for our boardroom and often call out a long list of people.

Yes but there is no computer in the boardroom and the users just want to use a conference phone and are not interested in establishing a conference call using 3CX Assistant on a computer.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.