• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Source identification problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mthibodeau

Reaction score
Hi,

I try to have an incoming call call from a sip trunk that is defined on the server. I'm able to make outbound call from that same trunk.

I want to accept all call from that specific IP 192.168.3.50.

Can someone tell me exectly which parameter I have to put/setup in the config to permit that.

Here is the error that I get on the server (for reference to the IP that I want to allow)

Thank you

Marquis

==================================================
[CM500002]: Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification:
Invite-UNK Recv Req INVITE from 192.168.3.50:5060 tid=4e004676 [email protected]:
INVITE sip:[email protected]:5060 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 66.129.159.188:5060;branch=z9hG4bK4e004676;rport=5060;received=192.168.3.50
Max-Forwards: 70
To: <sip:[email protected]:5060>
Call-ID: [email protected]
CSeq: 102 INVITE
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, INFO
Content-Type: application/sdp
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 17:01:02 GMT
Supported: replaces
User-Agent: Asterisk PBX
Content-Length: 215

===================================================

Under the VoIP provider settings in 3CX, there is a place for the "SIP Server Hostname or IP", that should be reflect the IP that is sending the calls to you. Your post shows both a private IP 192.168.3.50, and a public IP 66.129.159.188. Which is the one that is sending the calls, the private one, as in an inter-PBX type trunk?

Is 5555555 a valid number and has it been associated to the or a provider? To me, this appears as a DID from a provider that has not been properly annotated. Go to the VoIP providers section and then to the "Source ID" tab and then click the box for Source Id by DID and then enter in the number and apply and OK. Then setup the inbound rules for same.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply... :)

Yes it is an inter-PBX setup. The local PBX IP is 192.168.3.50 and the public IP is associate to the phone extension that is outside (connecting from Internet).
It is why I wanted to trigger on the private IP beacause this IP will always stay the same.

The 5555555 DID is the one that is provided by the local PBX to help for the differentiation of the call. I wander if it is possible to have the 3CX display the remote calling party extension which is 325 in this case... help idea on that one will be welcome.

Thank you again.

Will try your suggestion let you know

If the number is being sent, then there are a number of parameters within the trunk settings that may allow you to "extract" that.
If you want to do some experiments, you may want to try setting up the trunks as a Bridge, with one end registering to the other. It is normally used between two 3Cx installations, but I don't see why it would not work with another PBX. That may give you access to additional "features" between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.