Source Identification using an IP Range?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by realistiQ, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realistiQ

I'm trying to set up a SourceID rule for one of our VOIP providers, and one of the fields I am using is "From: Host Part" and Custom IP Range as the variable. My question is, how is the IP range supposed to be entered? If I enter one IP, it will accept calls but only half of the time since there are a range of IPs used for our VOIP provider. But if I enter a range such as 192.168.0.0/24 it does not work. Any help would be appreciated!

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Who is the VOIP provider? Can you not use something else from their source invite? If necessary ask them what is constant in their invites. or post a wireshark capture of one or two incoming calls and we will see which is better. IP addresses are never good in this case. Cant you do it by DIDs? Most would use DIDs

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. realistiQ

The provider is TSG Global. I figured using an IP range would be best since we have quite a few DIDs, and some get added/deleted often. Using DIDs would be really difficult from an administration standpoint. Another field that is constant from their source invite is the User Agent, however when I try to set it up using the User Agent field I get a weird error in the log: "Error in source identification rule: UnknownField:5".

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I was going to suggest the user agent field. what value are you putting in there as it should work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. realistiQ

I input the User-Agent value from the invite source, which is "TSG-GLOBAL-COBRA", and that's when I get that "UnknownField:5" error. Actually if I put anything in that field I still get an error.

6. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

I don’t understand what you are doing as you appear not to be actually using the DIDs to route to a particular extension. This is clear from the fact that you are not using the field to pull the DID Number.

In your case would it not be better to just setup a generic SIP account within 3CX and have all the DIDs go to the same place? Or have I missed something?

7. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Somehow my last post didnt go through

I tried that custom value and it worked for me. Did you leave out the quotes? Did you also press the add/update button first?

You may want to try and delete then add the voip provider again in case something has gone wrong. Also try adding the voip provider, press ok then go back and edit the source

8. abc123

abc123 Active Member

This is for the source id to identify the provider. He has too many DIDs that change often so wants to use another string. Which is possible in 3cx but his system isnt taking it and mine is so there is a problem on his set up and not 3cx. It is not uncommon to use a user agent as source id

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.