• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SP3 Beta: Hosting, SSL & Web Conference Improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Galea

CEO
Reaction score
SP3 Beta has made it out of the door. Besides some important under the hood changes for better performance and less memory usage, we have added the following new features:

Conference Call & Interface improvements​

We have added some more features and further streamlined the conference call interface:
  • Internal participan...

Last edited by a moderator:
Any further details on "Added TLS Out Of the Box"?

Will this be using the LetsEncrypt certificate?

Where is the fixed conferencing feature in the Windows app? It still send users to the Web Client.

Where is the fixed conferencing feature in the Windows app? It still send users to the Web Client.
First you need to update 3CX to SP3 Beta, then make sure you download the 3CX Client updates that should appear.
Then, close the 3CX Client from the Menu --> Exit and re-open it. That should prompt you for an update.

After the update, when you press on the "Conference" button at the bottom you should now see this:
upload_2018-1-31_16-55-29.png

hopefully you have fixed the bugs that are in the sp2, we, and many others, have found many bugs in the trunks setting etc..
we were forced to go back to sp1
thanks

First you need to update 3CX to SP3 Beta, then make sure you download the 3CX Client updates that should appear.
Then, close the 3CX Client from the Menu --> Exit and re-open it. That should prompt you for an update.

After the update, when you press on the "Conference" button at the bottom you should now see this:
View attachment 7011

OK, thank you very much! Hopefully SP3 is available soon, we have dozens of clients demanding this feature back!

hopefully you have fixed the bugs that are in the sp2, we, and many others, have found many bugs in the trunks setting etc..
we were forced to go back to sp1
thanks
Like what? Can you give some examples?

I'm updated. I had Alpha 1 and the client and now to Beta 3, but I still got the web conference. It didn't ask me to update the client because maybe the Alpha client had the same version number? I had to uninstall the client and reinstall and it works fine now.

Call reports is fixed!

Last edited:
Guide still not updated:oops:
You guys should be careful with the instructions you post online. This right here:

wget -O- http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3cxpbx/public.key | apt-key add -

would add an unverified key to yout apt key store. Since the url uses HTTP instead of HTTPS, there is no guarantee that you won't be man-in-the-middle-ed, get a false key, and start downloading and installing rogue software.
Spotify for Linux is also released as a Debian package. Our aim is that it should work with the latest Long Term Support release of Ubuntu, but we will try to make it work for other releases of Ubuntu and Debian as well.
Code:
# 1. Add the Spotify repository signing keys to be able to verify downloaded packages
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 0DF731E45CE24F27EEEB1450EFDC8610341D9410

kevin

Last edited:
Please fix the issue with Android's mobile client -- the latest version 15.5.240 still cuts down GSM call, if 3CX client receives call during GSM call.

Doing nothing, i.e. ignoring 3CX call, the result is muting the GSM call at termination of 3CX call (the caller hangs up). This issue can be reproduced on many GSM phones (different brands), latest 7.x or previous 6.x Android version.

As a workaround you can put GSM call on hold and resume it, but usually (and pretty normally) the other party on a GSM call will be gone (hanging up after not hearing anything several seconds). The issue is very annoying and customers refrain using 3CX client.

Please fix the issue with Android's mobile client -- the latest version 15.5.240 still cuts down GSM call, if 3CX client receives call during GSM call.

Doing nothing, i.e. ignoring 3CX call, the result is muting the GSM call at termination of 3CX call (the caller hangs up). This issue can be reproduced on many GSM phones (different brands), latest 7.x or previous 6.x Android version.

As a workaround you can put GSM call on hold and resume it, but usually (and pretty normally) the other party on a GSM call will be gone (hanging up after not hearing anything several seconds). The issue is very annoying and customers refrain using 3CX client.

Thanks for the feedback. Audio routing issues with the 3CX Android client is something we're aware of and we plan to have a fix for sometime in the next several Android Client releases.

I don't get the client update in the admin interface after installing the beta. Had to download them manually to the clients.

After an initial investigation we've found that this is indeed an issue on a few specific phones/brands of phones. We're investigating further and will be working full force to resolve this and other similar issues.

Very excited about the ad hoc conference calling additions. Is there any work being done to allow ad hoc conference call control from the handset as well? Would really love to be able to elevate a regular call to a conferenc directly from the handset by just putting the first person on hold, calling someone else, and clicking an add or join button... and then continuing this process to add as many people as they like.

They should follow, for example, enterprise log management Graylog and create 3cx-18.2-_latest.deb
  • The update basically works like a fresh installation
We can see that GPG key approach is not recommended. Although, even in that case it's possible to use packager.io or trial of Bintray.

Other interesting option is to add API Key and API Secret in customer portal.

It's even possible to use license key in path:
Our software repository uses preferably HTTPS, so the 'https' method for APT might need to be installed first.

@coreybrett81:
I noticed that a "Manual Installation" section was added to the 3CX on Debian Linux page.
Does that mean that using the instructions will result in a system that will upgrade and function as well as a system that was setup with the ISO or the PBX Express?

What about the SBCs? Any reason to not basically follow the same process except we don't need to update the APT 3cx souce repository? Is the source at http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/sbc/3cxsbc.zip OK for stretch deployment?
SBC manual should be updated:
Type the following command to the terminal:

Last edited:
Your link says backups won't work. So If we use this and need to restore we are SOL?
Any idea on release date?
I know this SP was expected November 13th originally so I only expect a ballpark.

Will it be possible to configure and use TLS and SRTP for desk phones ?
More and more customers request increased level of security in their networks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.