SP3 breaks down PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sip.bg, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Several customers on Win Server 2012 and Debian 8 complain that SP3 breaks down the PBX -- either phones (supported models) are not registering or constantly ringing themselves. No complains about Debian 9 installments until now.

Downgrading to SP2 for the moment ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    us1 and jimbo59 like this.
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

It's not beta. It is official SP3 released today (15.5.8801.3)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Here no complains about Debian 8 installs.

4. neville

neville New Member

We had that on some grandstreams we tested, but the firmware upgrade and 3CX templates fixed the issue.

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

The issue with SP3 could be related to custom templates, if PBX used to have some (Yealink or Fanvil), after update the phones will not register or behave strangely.

us1 likes this.
  6. us1

us1

Interesting. Let us know if the problem goes away on standard templates and if you're able to re-implement the changes to the custom templates afterward. This could be a major issue moving forward if custom templates are this broken.

Thanks for the update.

7. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

One of the customers confirmed he managed to reprovision Yealink phones (T23G & T29G) with default template and now they register.

8. MatthewHood

2 x 3cx pro installs crashed after SP3. cannot even access the dashboards
    both debian 9 VM no custom templates at all

9. big.LITTLE

Our 3CX server is on Windows 2016 Datacenter and we have successfully upgraded to SP3 without any issues.

StefanW likes this.
  10. exico91

I installed the update yesterday and broke everything:

Grandstream phones in the office started calling themselfs and i resolved by upgrading the firmware and using default templates (except a 1620 that doesnt want to upgrade, still figuring out).
    Now after the SP3 i can make calls but i cannot receive any call from the outside. When i try it simply drop the call; i tried with a free account on messagenet and when i call doesnt drop but i get a voice mail message from messagenet.
    I have a backup of the configuration pre-sp3 but not the setup (exe) for the install

PBX on Windows
    Various Phones: GS 1620, GS 2160, Yealink T28P and Yealink T46G

EDIT1: i backed up, removed and reinstalled the latest version using the new backup and now everything is working

#10 exico91, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  11. exico91

I tought everything worked but today i cannot receive calls again and nothing changed:

Firewall test is OK except SIP ALG not detected
    I can make calls to the outside
    I tried to reboot firewall (pfsense) and modem but nothing changed
    I rebooted the 3cx machine and nothing changed

There is a log i can post? Where i can get it?

EDIT: the problem seems to happen when i route the incoming calls to a ring group and the first number is in DND mode

#11 exico91, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.