Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Rejected SP4 - New Warning Messages

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by twisted1, Apr 2, 2018.

Rejected SP4 - New Warning Messages 5 5 58votes
5/5, 58 votes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted1

This has become so frustrating for us due to its visibility within our hosted clients that I thought it deserved its own post even though it was called out in the SP4 announcement post...

With the release of SP4, 3CX has added new blocks in the PBX Status section that has my clients now calling me concerned. Specifically Trunks and Phones. Both are throwing a big red ! right now for us which is deeply misleading.

Trunks - I understand you 3CX has key vendors that they declare as supported but that they enable others through the "generic" trunk type. Having the application alert due to our use of an approved "generic" provider is sending the wrong message. If they had made it a yellow warning or a simple update message, that would be better but a RED ! is causing undue pressure...

Phones - Most of our clients request a custom wallpaper on their phones. Sometimes other changes too such as custom phone books etc, but logos are the most common. Per 3CX Support, we have always done this through a custom template instead of simply changing the PNG file to protect against a template update erasing our changes. Now that very process is causing yet another BIG RED !. It was bad enough when the phone showed red text in the phones list but now having an active alert on the Dashboard is even MORE in your face.

Is there any way these critical seeming warnings can be suppressed?

#1 twisted1, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2018
  2. aws2p

+1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Phillip Horn

Agreed - this should be more of an informative, perhaps yellow caution sign rather than a red !. AND I should be able to check a box somewhere that says IGNORE SIP TRUNK COMPATIBILITY WARNING (because there's no changing providers for 3 years). Also the firewall check shouldn't show ! because I CAN'T run the firewall checker without taking the system offline, and I already ran the checker before and it was fine. Now I have to run again? Finally, phone templates: as stated above, it's for the background. Can you not just put a 'custom logo' area that will keep our logo on the phone through updates so that custom templates aren't necessary? Or better still, give us a super advanced options page that we can tweak many of the settings without messing with templates.

My OCD is kicking in and these red ! aren't helping.. hah

4. the60

the60 New Member

We use highly customized templates for phones and SIP trunks. Upgrade to 15.5 SP4 shows nothing in red, no errors. Everything is fine. Not sure why your experience is different.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Benedikt Machens

+1

6. dkeethler

Oh my god, +1!

7. Justin Behie

I started a thread on this too. I hate that red ! and my clients do too.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/permanent-sip-error-with-generic-sip.55368/

The first thing I did was click around and see if I could suppress that stupid warning, I didn't find it so I contacted support. They told me it could not be turned off and referred me to this forum to throw it out to you guys for votes.

+1 all the way, useless new "feature".

#7 Justin Behie, Apr 4, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
  8. the60

the60 New Member

Can anyone else share screenshots of other red/error statuses? I've already seen the one from the previous post on SIP trunks.

9. Figment

10. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

11. shenwei

+1 Agreed. Already got the complaints from many customers. There always a need of changing the logo on the phone's display. We customize the phone template and it got the red alert.

12. Shuichi Menrai

13. stefanprasch

+1

14. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Why not just change the template in the OS folder structure instead?

15. timmbo

timmbo New Member

+1, Yellow would be better.

16. pagsinc

I completely agree on getting rid of the useless error messages

17. DavidQ

Agreed. Please remove this...remove it altogether. Not even yellow. Yellow even still causes concern for clients. Yellow is as bad as red!

18. dredd0606

+1, this is frustrating, and causes needless concern from my customers.

19. billthenerd

+1

20. rayfield

rayfield New Member

Yes, this is VERY bad for us (Resellers). We use an 'unsupported' VoIP service provider for many of our customers (we're a reseller for this VoIP provider and their service is excellent and works 100% perfectly with 3CX). This makes it look like we're not providing good support for our 3CX customers when a big red flag shows up with the VoIP service that we're providing. Since we're a reseller of this service, we're branding it under our name. So this really makes us look bad.

Please remove the red flags, both for service providers and for the custom templates (which we use a lot).

John Rayfield, Jr.
    Rayfield Communications

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.