• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SP6 and remote extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

vectra

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
After update to SP6 I have a lot of trouble with remote extensions using STUN. Without any reason no two way audio. PBX hosted on google server or in data center acting on the same way. Mostly we have those issue with remote extension overseas. After PBX reboot they start working again for a while and same issue recreate. Those phones are registered and everything looking fine form PBX perspective. 3CX soft phone working fine at the same time. I already spend 4 days trying to figure out what causing issue. If someone have idea please shoot.

1) Separate Audio ports on Phones at same site?
2) Router on remote side forwarding?
3) PBX Delivers audio can help on those extensions at times.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Separate SIP and UDP port for each phone. It was working more than year without single issue. Problem started after SP6 and not on single instance. It is epidemic.

We are having the same issue....I just expanded the ports to see if it makes a different. Was there an expansion of ports in Sp6

1) All tests pass the Firewall Checker?
2) Reprovision each phone again?

Reactions: nub
We are having the same issue....I just expanded the ports to see if it makes a different. Was there an expansion of ports in Sp6

Yes,
Expanded Port 9000-10999 UDP for RTP

Phones re provisioned, firmware updated, deleted , again installed, nothing helps. It looks like that mechanization to keep dedicated UDP port for each remote extension fail. After a while PBX or phone proposed UDP port out of range or wrong SIP port. I already upload logs to support but still no solution. When this happen I have to reboot PBX and remote extension will work for sometimes 10 minutes , sometimes a whole day after next issue.

We had the same issue, in the end, after a lot of tinkering we had to delete the phone provisioning on each phone then add it back in and get the customer to factory reset the phones. Not ideal as they had no phones for a morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.