SPA 112 - Outbound Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Nov 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

v15: VPS, behind SBC in our office.

So I set up an extension under FXS/DECT and pointed the ATA registration over to the SBC on that extension.
    Dropped in a DID to route inbound to that.. inbound fax from external source rings/answers/receives/prints fine to some HP MFP.

However.. outbound fax dials.. but then just goes quiet. I put a phone on the end of it.. can make/receive voice calls on it internal or external just fine. Almost seems that it detects signal or something, but from there I hear nothing. Rather strange.
    The call logs on 3CX and Flowroute (my SIP provider) show the outbound call as fine. I don't have another fax and line to "hear" the other end directly.. but if I call from 3CX or some handset I get fax tone.

Strange that receiving on it would be fine but sending would not.

So.. I tried a new extension instead, pointed it and registered.
    I heard the other end pick up.. but the handshake failed (almost expected..).

Is there a clear picture of how to use an ATA for T38 outbound fax on v15?.. there are plenty of examples et al for older versions.. but things have changed.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Update. My fax/printer decided to try again, was fine.
    I tried another outbound fax, different target, was fine.

I have occasionally had "first call issues" on 3CX.. seems applicable here also. So.. maybe the extension is still the way to go..

Okay.. changed the inbound rule to send to my extension.. and received ok.

If Google or the search lands you on this thread.. for ATA-based faxing still use an extension.

3. weebnuts

Thanks for letting us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.