SPA 2012 direct remote extension setup guide with 3cx v12

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pkumar, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkumar

Hi,

I am getting one way audio on remote extension configured on SPA 2102 firware 5.2.13(004). I have 3cx v12 installed, it works flawlessly on all the other devices but for some reason I have issues with SPA 2102.

Everything works fine except the one way audio. Can someone please help me and provide a configuration/ setup for SPA 2102 as a remote extension ?

Your help will be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Prashant

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: SPA 2012 direct remote extension setup guide with 3cx v1

Is the 2102 at the same remote location as the other devices that are working properly?

If so, are they behind the 3CX SBC, or just behind a router? If just behind a router (at a location with multiple SIP devices...have you assigned each a unique port? Could there be a port conflict with another device?

Are you using both FXS accounts on the 2102, or just one?

In the 3CX Server logs, have a look at the registration log for the device (power up to have it register, then check, saves having the scroll through the logs), Does it show registration with the Pubic IP and (unique to that device) port?

3. pkumar

No currently the 2102 is disabled right now, other devices I was referring to is 3cx android with tunnel working fine.

At the remote location I tried to install 2102 and ran into one way audio. Currently it is installed behind a router. I am just using one FXS account on 2102.

Do you suggest changing the SIP port from 5060 to something else on the Line 1 tab ?

I just wanted to confirm that on the:-

3cx server side, currently I have the following settings:-

1. Turn off STUN requests - Checked, Static public IP - my public IP

SPA 2102 currently I have the following settings:-

SIP tab

1. STUN Enable: Yes
    2. STUN Server: my public IP:5060
    3. NAT Keep Alive Intvl : 20

LINE 1 Tab

1. SIP Port - 5060

Thanks for your reply and kindly advise me the next steps.

Prashant

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming then that the 2102 is on the same network as the other devices.
    As far as changing the port, just be sure that no other device is using 5060 unless you are behind the 3CX SBC. As i said, each device must have a unique port number as each device is identified to 3CX as PublicIP:port
    You can try disabling STUN. If you choose to use it, it is not your public IP, it must be the address of a STUN server.

I would also recommend setting the IP on the 2102 as static if you have not already done so.

5. pkumar

Hi,

Thanks to leejor & Eagle2 for their kind help in getting the issue resolved. I am now able to connect 2102 remotely as direct extension without any issues.

Thanks again for your help.

6. CSO_Trapeze

Can you share your settings for getting the spa 2102 working? I can get a remote 2102 registered, but no audio passes when I make a call.

Thanks,

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In which direction, is there no audio?

Do other remote extension work with no audio issues? From the same location as the 2102?

Have you tried using the 2102 from behind another router (at another location?) Changing out the router? What make/model router is at the remote location?

Do you have STUN enabled?

What does the registration, in the 3Cx Server log look like? Does it how the public IP of the router, and the (unique for the local network), port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.