Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA 303 wont receive calls but dials out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shiftenterprises, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shiftenterprises

Hello. I am new to the fourm, but have done some research on how to configure my 3cx server for general use. I am in the beta testing for my company to see if what my end product will be good for my customers.

here is my issue.

I am running 3CX V11.0.28976.849. I currently use a Google Voice Trunk from simonics as my trunk, i have it set to ring my extension directly which is 100. Again outbound calling works just fine no issues.

I just configured my CISCO SPA303 IP phone according to these instructions. - http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/ Updated link

So my server is on a public network in a houston datacenter, i have STUN enabled just in case.
    My phone is at my home office behind a server2008r2 router, with no firewall on.

After a while the phone will not receive any inbound calls, the 3cx shows the call comming in but not redirecting to my extension 100. then fwds to 999 for voicemail. keep in mind i can still make calls with no issue. I have to reset my phone to factory defaults and redo my settings....

Is this a phone issue or a 3cs issue? Im pulling my hair out and im not sure what else to do. HELP!

Thank you!!!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It would appear the 3CX is not able to reach the phone, and because of that, sends the call off to voicemail. Does the 3CX log show it attempt to reach the extension, but then give a reason for going to voicemail?

I suspect it may be one of two things...

Your remote router/firewall isn't permitting the call to reach the set, or

Your set isn't registering correctly and 3CX is using this incorrect information to try to reach the set, but failing.

Check the 3CX logs for the registration from your set. Power the set down , then back up, then check the log.

You should see it register with the public port of your router and the port number that you assigned the set (the default is usually 5060). Be sure that this port is not assigned to any other VoIP devices behind your router. The number you set must be unique to the one phone.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

If 3CX is still showing your handset registered at that time.. sounds like you need to check keep alive on the handset.. as it may not be holding the port open and NAT at home is closing the port. NAT Keep Alive is the setting I believe.

The idea is that the PBX still happily sees the extension registered.. but the port which it opened at that time has long since closed.. no network path exists back to the handset for receiving calls. Outbound may work fine in that scenario.. because the ports are opened at the time the call is originated from the handset.

4. shiftenterprises

Well i changed my STUN settings... PBX side, i disabled stun requests.

Phone side i changed stats in bye to yes
    Handle VIA received:
    Insert VIA received both yes
    Substitute VIA Addr: yes
    on the STUN settings i enabled it, but pointed to the PBX instead of 3cx stun.
    and yes my NAT keep alive was on before. So far its been 24 hours and so far so good. I will keep checking and testing with phone reboots to see if anything changes.

Thanks so far!

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry???? The STUN settings, on any device (should you choose to make use of that function), should "point" to s STUN server.

6. shiftenterprises

So my new issue is that when i have two trunks, if i dial out on the second truck my CID says its the first trunk but when i look at the logs its using the second trunk. I have all the CID and DID's set to the correct number, and outbound rules are correct.

What could be my issue?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You don't say if these are VoIP trunks (I'm going to assume that they are), or if they are part of a trunk group, or package from your provider?

It may be that your provider does not allow you to change the outgoing caller ID (some don't) , in that case calls made from either trunk will show the main billing number assigned to you. You should check with them. to see if this is the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.