• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA 3102 - Call Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobiastromm

Free User
Reaction score
Hi.

I try to do call waiting work with GrandStream HT 486 and SPA 3102.

I see another old post and I have change this value on SPA 3102:

After do that I enable this option in HT 486:

The PSTN call waiting works fine after do that, but when I set DTMF option to Yes on HT 486 I can't transfer calls to internal extensions.

How can I fix that?

Thank You

Attachments

• AVT.JPG
    AVT.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 908
  • dtmfj.JPG
    dtmfj.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 908
This is really not an appropriate configuration for a PBX. Each line needs to have its own interface. You should never have lines with call waiting coming into the PBX because you are trying to mix call routing from your phone system with call routing from the phone company. If you need to accept multiple calls, then you need multiple phone lines.

Kerry,

I´m a home user.

Multiple lines is not for me.

There is no way to do the two thing work at the same time?

The problem is that when enable DTMF I can´t do internals transfers.

Thank You.

Kerry is right, it is an either, or, situation. You can use the 3102 with call waiting if you use a telephone plugged into the FXS port, but you can't if you use it as an incoming trunk to a PBX. The flash feature of a PBX can't be used internally if you wish to use a residential flash feature on the trunk.

If you have a high speed internet service at home, and want the features that 3CX provides, then I would think seriously about moving (porting) the second phone number to a VoIP provider. Some can provide the service ( especially just an incoming number), for not much more than the additional cost of the second number on your first line, if that.

leejor said:
Kerry is right, it is an either, or, situation. You can use the 3102 with call waiting if you use a telephone plugged into the FXS port, but you can't if you use it as an incoming trunk to a PBX.

Leejor,

I'm using the SPA 3102 as a Gateway.

PSTN Line -> SPA 3102 -> 3CX Server -> GrandStream -> Analog Phone.

The flash feature of a PBX can't be used internally if you wish to use a residential flash feature on the trunk.

I don´t know if you are understand my bad english, but, If DTMF is Disabled I cant transfer calls to internal extensions (but can´t answer the second call and alternate then when I press FLASH). If DTMF is enabled I can answer the second PSTN call and alternate between the calls (BUT if I PRESS Flash 102 - to call and transfer to a internal extension - the FLASH tone is sent to PSTN line and not to 3CX Server).

If you have a high speed internet service at home, and want the features that 3CX provides, then I would think seriously about moving (porting) the second phone number to a VoIP provider. Some can provide the service ( especially just an incoming number), for not much more than the additional cost of the second number on your first line, if that.

It is not a second number. Is the same number with call waiting enabled.

I will make another tests.

tobiastromm said:
I don´t know if you are understand my bad english, but, If DTMF is Disabled I cant transfer calls to internal extensions (but can´t answer the second call and alternate then when I press FLASH). If DTMF is enabled I can answer the second PSTN call and alternate between the calls (BUT if I PRESS Flash 102 - to call and transfer to a internal extension - the FLASH tone is sent to PSTN line and not to 3CX Server).

I do understand what you are trying to accomplish, but, you want your cake and to eat it too. A flash feature , such as call waiting, on a phone line is a residential (or single line business) feature, it is not meant to be used with a line going into a trunk on a PBX. Any flash on an extension on the PBX is expected to be used with a PBX feature. You can't switch, on an as needed basis, between whether the PBX responds to a flash or the phone line responds to the flash. As you've discovered, you can set it up one way, or the other. It sounds like a PBX on your line, with the features that your are trying to use, may not be the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.