Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA-3102 Dial Plans/Fallback

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Netman, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netman

I've just set up a Linksys SPA-3102 on my 3CX installation (as per the instructions here: http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE) so I have one PSTN line going into 3CX and one analogue telephone connected to the SPA-3102 as an extension.

It all works OK in terms of 3CX but I'd like to be able to dial a prefix on the analogue telephone which then gets the Linksys to route the call through the PSTN rather than through the 3CX PBX. I've been doing a lot of Googling and have found various example dial plans for the SPA-3102 but none of them seem to make any difference to how the thing behaves. There are two places where dial plans can be specified - one is under 'Line1' in the SPA-3102's config and also under 'PSTN Line' there are several more lines where you can specify a dial plan. I have tried both (but I assume it's the single one under 'Line1' that I need to configure for calling out through the analogue phone) but not had any luck. The dial plan I currently have is (<#9,:>x.<:mad:gw0) which from what I've read should give me a 2nd dial tone when I dial #9 and then route the call through the PSTN but as soon as I dial #9 I get an enaged tone as if the call is being routed to 3CX instead.

Also if I shutdown the PC running 3CX is there anyway I can tell the SPA-3102 to route incoming PSTN calls to Line1 so my telephone answering machine picks it up as at the moment if 3CX is down the SPA-3102 still intercepts the incoming PSTN call and it just rings and rings.

Anyone solved these issues or have any ideas?

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.