SPA-3102 Disconnect when dialing * or # after factory reset

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Draxx, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draxx

Hi,

My SPA-3102 ATA GW is reacting wild after a factory reset.

I reconfigured as described in the How-To but I'm unable to dial DTMF codes as * or #... the call terminate

other numbers correctly send but I need to use code like *21# to tranfert to another number my line

Any idea? thanks in advance

Draxx

PS: sorry for my poor english

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: SPA-3102 Disconnect when dialing * or # after factory r

If you are talking about sending # or *, out on a PSTN line when using the 3102 as a 3Cx trunk, then unless things have changed, you may be out of luck. A number of years ago I discovered that it would not work.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-add-31-before-number-13696.html#p70332

My original question about this from 2009...

http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-do-you-send-an-octothorp-8769.html

In North America a "11" can usually be substituted for the * , and a time-out (a wait) will accomplish the same thing as the #.

I'm not certain why the phone line is disconnecting, but it may be as a result of the actual digits being sent out on the line.

3. Draxx

It used to work before the factory reset... well mannually after taking the line not as a stored number

I used to dial 0 to exit then my sequence

I still work when I disconnect the WAN cable and use the *sequence in Pass thru mode

Unfortunatly, i'm in France, the *21# sequence allow me to reroute my call directy from my provider

Thx anyway

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, it would only work, if, the # or * were sent after any initial digits had been sent from 3CX. That is, if you were then sending the digits directly out on a connected phone line from the keypad of the extension.

You could probably also get the phone, plugged into the FXS socket of the 3102, to send those digits directly out on the FXS port by modifying the LINE 1 dialplan in the 3102. However, no other 3CX[ extension would have that ability.

quote="Draxx"]It used to work before the factory reset... well mannually after taking the line not as a stored number

I used to dial 0 to exit then my sequence[/quote]

And this was from any 3CX extension? I don't suppose you kept any web page captures of your previous settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.