• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

SPA-3102 Gateway Not Registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDogherman

Reaction score
Product Name: SPA-3102
Software Version: 5.1.10(GW)

I have followed the provisioning instructions but I am unable to get the SPA-3102 to register to 3CX

I am able to see the Gateway and have established a static Ip address and pointed the Profile Rule to http://192.168.1.130:5481/provisioning/linksys3102.xml

(192.168.1.130 is my 3CX server)

I have also enabled provisioning.

But I am not able to get it to register. When navigating to the XML file under another computer i can see that it is hosted properly.

Thank you.

Hi,

Besides it not registering are you seeing the SPA device picking up the settings as it should? Does the PBX logs show you any errors when you switch the device on or off?

Where would I find that log?

ok i looked in server activity log and I don't see any listing for the SPA-3102 trying to connect to 3CX

What could be wrong?

Under Voice, can you post the PSTN and the status pages? I'm assuming that it is the FXO port you are trying to get working...

Here is a PDF of my config page.

Attachments

• Linksys SPA Configuration1.jpg
    Linksys SPA Configuration1.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,043
  • Linksys SPA Configuration2.jpg
    Linksys SPA Configuration2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,042
  • Linksys SPA Configuration3.jpg
    Linksys SPA Configuration3.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,042
Most of the settings look ok. A few things i would change though, unless there are specific reasons not to.
Set PSTN ring thru Line 1 to NO
Set PSTN CID for Voip CID to YES
Set PSTN Answer delay to 3 (this is if you are in North America and have caller ID on the line)

Can you post the page showing the IP/subnet mask?

Wan Setup page

Attachments

• Linksys SPA Configuration1 (1).jpg
    Linksys SPA Configuration1 (1).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,027
The only things I see amiss are that your Primary DNS server should either be that of your router 192.168.1.1 or you can put in a public server IP(s). The NTP server should be the IP of a public time server not your router. You can stick in a secondary one too, but it usually isn't needed. Here is one link to some lists of servers. http://www.ntp.org/
Do you have the cable plugged into the correct LAN jack? If you have changed the option to "Bridge" then it probably won't make a difference, otherwise the 3102 may be trying to hand out IP addresses on your network.

I set the Primary DNS as my router

My NTP is set as my router also as my router is an NTP server and it pulls from the North America NTP Pool.

the SPA-3102 is plugged into the WAN port.

I also changed the Option to bridge rather than NAT but i would think that when it is only plugged into the WAN port it would not make a difference.

JDogherman said:
I also changed the Option to bridge rather than NAT but i would think that when it is only plugged into the WAN port it would not make a difference.

If you don't need the router function of the 3102, the bridge option gives you a pass through LAN port for any additional devices you wish to use on your network without taking up another port on your router or switch.

If, after all of this you still see no sign in the 3CX logs of a registration attempt, then you may need to make use of something like Wireshark. You need a hub (not a switch) to see the packets passing from the 3102 to your router and on to the computer running 3CX. You could also make use of the syslog server function on the 3102 by running a syslog server on another computer.
The computer running 3CX doesn't have a firewall that might be blocking the registration attempts, does it? Do other SIP devices on the network, register properly?

I have a Cisco 7960 and softphones that work fine.

would i use syslog?

I am using 3cx on a ESX VM would that be an issue?

JDogherman said:
I am using 3cx on a ESX VM would that be an issue?

Haven't used that, so i don't know if it would cause an issue. If your phone registers correctly, then the 3102 should have no problem.

To use syslog you need a syslog program to run on another computer. There are a number of free or demo versions on the net. This is one of them that I have used in the past. http://www.kiwisyslog.com/kiwi-syslog-server-overview/

You have to specify the IP of the PC running the syslog server in the System Tab/Syslog Server and Debug Server. then increase the debug level from the default of zero. You should see messages on the PC running the server programme.
That may give you a clue as to why the 3102 isn't sending request messages to 3CX. If it is a network issue, then this may not be of much use. You might have to resort to using Wireshark closer to the 3CX end to see if you even see the massages at that point. What do you have on your network between the 3102 and 3CX? Is the set, that is working plugged into the LAN right next to the 3102?
Did you set the 3Cx log level to verbose?

Was looking over your settings on the PSTN Line page again. You have Use Outbound Proxy in Dialog set to YES but no Out Bound Proxy datafilled. You can either try setting that to NO or put the 3CX server IP in the outbound proxy.

Alright I set the outbound proxy field but it still dosen't register.

Syslog does not receive any logs even at the most verbose setting.

Ive moved the 3102 to the same point the other sip device was plugged into but I still cannot get it register.

Ive also called Cisco and they wont replace it under warranty as i bought it from Ebay.

JDogherman said:
Syslog does not receive any logs even at the most verbose setting.

Ok, are you talking about getting no logs on a PC running syslog when using the syslog feature in the 3102, or, are you referring to the verbose setting on the 3CX logs?

Well the Verbose mode in 3cx Show no data from the 3102

&

The syslog server (that the 3102 states should be sending logs to) is not showing any entries.

Can the PC running the syslog server, communicate with the 3102?

Have you tried, or thought about trying to get the FXS (phone port) to register as a 3CX extension?

It is either that the 3102 is trying the register to the wrong IP ( or some other datafill error), your network, or something on it, is blocking/preventing the attempt, or, the 3102 has a problem, firmware or hardware.

If it were me, and I were pretty sure that I had eliminated the first two, I would, try getting the FXS to register. If that showed no sign of an attempt in the 3CX logs, I would do a factory reset on the 3102 and start from scratch but this time try the FXS port first. It is much easier to set up. You can let the 3102 use DHCP and pick up an IP from your router. You will know very quickly if the 3102 is a dud or it's worth going through the steps of giving it a static IP and continuing on to the FXO portion. Keep in mind that there are a number of settings that allow/keep the FXO and FXS portions of the 3102 from interacting with each other. Most of those can be "corrected" later. The object now is to get one portion talking to 3CX.

i have problem regarding my ATA Linksys SPA 3102. i already configure my ATA and on the 3cx line status of the 3cx it is already registered. but when i tried to call the virtual extension that is being assigned to the ATA using the a softphone it prompts that "Failed to established call". please help me. thanks :cry:

First off, you should be starting a new post, not adding to an existing one.

Start a new thread (topic)and post the 3CX logs (or at least look at them yourself) showing the call failing. Your explanation of what is happening is not that clear as you have involved a 3102 (FXS port, I assume) and a 3CX softphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArjenDsnty
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.