Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA 3102 good solution for 3CX with standard (PSTN) line?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mutti_wilson, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutti_wilson

I have been using a VOIP provider and the delay and quality just isn't there, so we are going to go back to the standard line we have been using as a backup. I am looking at the SPA3102 to connect the standard line to the 3CX and use the IP phones as our extensions. Is this a good way to go or is there a better adapter? I will not be using any VOIP, just a standard line so what is the easiest way to set it up? Thanks.

2. aguilar

aguilar New Member

hi
    we are using this adapter for more than a year working fine, may i suggest to get another Voip line and test it, depending on your location you can get it free

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. galal202

galal202 New Member

Hello
    I'm new in voip
    but i noticed that the calls voip to voip ith very clear but voip to bstn using spa3102 is not clear like voip to voip

4. Nebula

Nebula New Member

I have used the Patton 4112 and 4114 gateways with great sucess. They are more expensive than some but give excellent quality and no problems so far.

5. ess

ess New Member

I use two of these adapters in a small business, and I have no real issues since they have been setup. Setting them up took a little work, but now there are plenty of guides and help on the forums for a painless install with 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Nebula

Nebula New Member

Sorry, was not intending to infer anything negative about the SPA 3102, just replying to the original post asking for alternatives.

7. ess

ess New Member

Oh no not at all. I didn't see it that way at all. I wish I had a Patton here. I was just saying it can work as a solution. It may not be a "good" solution as the topic implies, but it is one that gets the job done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.