• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

spa 3102 hear volume very very very low

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingwilliam

Reaction score
if i call from inside to outside or receive a call from outside (using linksys spa3102 as gateway pstn) the volume for my voice output is NORMAL(clearly and loudly), but i hear very very very low.

I already set
VOICE - PSTN lINE - PSTN To SPA Gain : 40

but still can't solve problem.

any memver can help me

thx!

If you use a regular analogue telephone on the phone line, SPA3102 unplugged, is the level acceptable (normal)? If not then report the issue to your PSTN provider. If the level is normal, then it probably isn't a 3102 issue unless you happen to have a faulty unit.

Are you using the latest, or a recent, firmware in the 3102?

Does this occur with only one 3CX extension (physical set)? or does this happen on multiple sets? If only one, then try a different set or the 3CX softphone, it may be a set issue.

Besides the PSTN to SPA Gain, have you changed any thing else in the International Control settings? Where in the world are you located? The default settings are for most of North America, and some of the other settings may need to be changed to accommodate telephone line conditions elsewhere in the world. There are web sites, if you do a search, that have settings for many countries.

kingwilliam said:
I already set
VOICE - PSTN lINE - PSTN To SPA Gain : 40

According to the manual, the range is -15 to 12. The default is 0 and should suffice for most installations. That may need to be changed if you are located a great distance from a central office.

thank you leejor your details reply

Q1: unplugged SPA3102 is the level acceptable (normal)?
A1: unplugged spa3102 the volume is normal. and I plug the telephone on line1, the volume still normal.

Q2: Are you using the latest, or a recent, firmware in the 3102?
A2: I'm using lastest firmware 5.1.10(GW)

Q3: Where in the world are you located?
A3: I'm at hong kong.

Q4: Does this occur with only one 3CX extension (physical set)? or does this happen on multiple sets? If only one, then try a different set or the 3CX softphone, it may be a set issue.
A4: I think the problem on linksys spa3102 setting or compitable between 3cx & spa3102. why i can say this? pls see below hardware

1. 3cx phone server
2. android with 3cx-phone use wifi connect Local-Lan (2set)
3. linksys spa-3102 for PSTN Gateway (3102gw)
4. linksys spa-3102 for ATA phone (3102ata)

Test1: android <-> android
Result1: both side normal

Test2: android <-> PSTN
Result2: android volume low, PSTN volume normal

Test3: android <-> 3102ata phone
Result3: android volume low, 3102ata phone volume normal

Test4: 3102ata phone <-> 3102gw line1
Result4: both side normal

kingwilliam said:
Test3: android <-> 3102ata phone
Result3: android volume low, 3102ata phone volume normal

Test4: 3102ata phone <-> 3102gw line1
Result4: both side normal

If you are using the FXS port on the 3102 as a 3CX extension (not dialling direct from the FXS to the FXO port), and, as Test 4 seems to show, the level is normal, then it tends to point to your Android phone as being the problem.

Same thing with Test 3, calling the FXS port, not even going out on the PSTN (and again, I assume it is a 3CX extension), and you get a low level on the Android phone, then it points to the Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.