Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

SPA-3102 how to routing PSTN calls to 3cx extensions?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by serverx, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serverx

Hello,
    I bought a new linksys spa-3102 and i followed the instruction at http: //www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-3102/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE (first step) to configure the spa-3102 as gateway to route all the pstn calls to 3cx extensions or IVR.
    Actually i can see from 3cx "Ports/Trunks Status" that the gateway is connected to 3cx system but the calls aren't routed to 3cx extensions.
    When a PSTN inbound call rings only the analog phone which is connected to line 1 of gateway spa-3102 rings, but not calls aren't routed to 3cx extension.
    I setup the In 3CX, i have routed the pstn port (10007) inbound calls to the extensions "Connect to the Digital Receprionist" but it doesn't work, i tried to route to normal extension too but same result.
    I'll be appreciate that if I can get some help about this problem.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There is an option in the PSTN tab...PSTN ring thru line 1, that should be set to no. Change that and see how it goes.

3. serverx

thank u so much for reply...... i set "PSTN Ring Thru Line 1: no"
    but same result..... the call not forwarded to 3cx extensions...
    what it can be ?

Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the call show up in the 3CX server logs? If it doesn't then it is a setting in the 3102 (double check your settings, especially dialplan 8 ), if it does, then it is a setting in 3CX, in which case the log may give you some hints as to why it is not reaching the intended destination(s).

5. hainesk967

I'm having the same issue. Any update on if/how you got this fixed?

6. hainesk967

I figured it out. Turns out I needed to plug the network cable into the Internet port instead of the ethernet port, and set the WAN IP to address I want on my network instead of the lan ip.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

They didn't do the best job in labelling that device, even "WAN" and "LAN" would have been better. The black letters on a dark background doesn't help either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.