SPA-3102 Inbound Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by amos.max, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amos.max

Hi All,

we have a SPA-3102 configured as an ATA just for an extension. Inbound/outbound calling works, but for some reason on inbound calls the caller ID doesn't show up on the analog phone. I've looked through all kinds of documentation, but most of it is geared towards using the device as a PSTN gateway.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Also, the voice prompts are really loud for inbound callers - anyway to turn down the gain a bit?

Thx in advance for help and/or pointers!
    Rgds - Marcus.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are in North America, in the PSTN tab, make sure that the PSTN Ring Thru Delay is set at 3 (seconds) or more. Other wise the call is passed to the 3CX before the caller ID info shows up, between the first and second ring.

If you aren't using the FXO port and receive your calls from a VoIP provider or other gateway, then make sure that sure that in the Regional tab you have the caller ID method set up correctly for the device (phone) you are using. You are getting caller ID into the 3CX, right?

3. amos.max

Hi leejor,

thx for the reply. I tried adjusting the PSTN Ring Through Delay, but that didn't have any noticable effect. Since we're not using the PSTN port on the 3102 (PSTN Line Enable set to No) - only as an ATA - I'm not sure these settings are evaluated anyway (?).

We did a little bit more research and found out that on another analog phone the CallerID showed up correctly. Both anlog phones display the CallerID when hooked up directly to the PSTN line, so my guess is the ("non-working") analog phone is somehow not interpreting/receiveing the info correctly.
    My guess is it's some kind of timing issue or something like that in the 3102 ...

Thx again!!
    Rgds - Marcus.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First off, what country are you located in? Caller ID methods vary from country to country. Do you receive caller ID on any other sets, or is this the only one you have set up? Have a look at the system logs in 3CX just after you have received an outside call, one that should be sending the caller ID. The logs should show the caller ID in there. If not, then 3CX isn't receiving it and, of course, can't pass it on to the extension.

You said that an analogue phone connected to the phone line is showing caller ID, so I'm assuming that you are using a gateway with PSTN lines. Perhaps, if it turns out 3Cx isn't showing the callers number in the logs, the gateway is not waiting for caller ID to be sent before passing the call to 3CX. Might mean some tweaking of settings in the gateway. Did it ever work, or is this a "new from scratch" set-up?

5. voipbaennjer

I had same problem with the SPA-3102 in Germany. Tried everything but had no success.
    Changed to FritzBox because I thought it might be a problem with the SPA in a none-US environment. Works fine.
    SPA 3102 will be put back in service only if FritzBox fails and only for the time it takes to get the FB repaired.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.